Car surveillance?

Would it be possible to run a setup of front/back cameras for lets say 24 hours off car battery and record all of the footage? If so anybody got links to a setup like this?

I want to start catching and confronting all the fucks around here and make them pay for my shit.

My valve caps were stolen, both bumpers fucked up, car hood dented… all during this year I’m getting MAD.

you should get a bus pass

all jokes aside. you need a skytek alarm with interior cameras

That looks good but how is the quality? Don’t know if you used it or not. It seems like it will not be able to detect bumper scrapes and shit like that nor will it be able to record at car level (to get license plate,etc).

i had a ferrari alarm system. the remote showed if someone did something to any part of the car. just get some flamethrowers for your car

This

move? notice a trend with these threads?

“I dont have a driveway, ploice, city plow, neighbor across the streeet hit my car”

If you dont have a driveway, move, or park on the front lawn.

I highly doubt anyone is going to pay for your shit, actually by the sounds of it, they will steal the cameras.

Get an alarm that pages your phone, so you can run outside angry half naked in the winter, when the wind sets it off.

I’m sure there are systems out there that work, but you’ll still be stuck with damage and then have to look for the guys after-the-fact. Even if you have super clear picture of the people who did it it’s still going to be a pain in the ass to find them. And when you consider that cops are given surveillance video from banks and it still takes them forever to find the crooks, this might be a waste of time.

If they keep fucking with your car, chances are - they hate you. You should be able to count the number of people who hate you on 1 hand. Identifying these people with a camera should be easy.

Don’t waste the investment on an in-car camera, just put surveillance on the area. You’ll be able to see everything they are doing and possibly the car they rode up in as well as anyone else with them.

You can get a decent surv. cam like the ones I have one my house for about $150 if you shop around online. They can all be hooked up to your PC and then record directly to the HD. You can review at your leisure or stream it to the internet and watch it from anywhere. The nightvision from mine can see someone 150’ down my driveway in total darkness.

Don’t know where you live… so I don’t know if this is a possibility.

do this.

Yea, my car kept getting broken in so I went with Surveillance where I park my car at night.
Right outside my bedroom window in the apartment… lol.
Fucking sucks getting your car broken in to when it’s no less than 20 feet away from you, and you don’t even know it.
Gave me an excuse to build a new PC, and convert my existing one to a HTPC + Storage system… (in order to run the camera)

Youre not going to be able to get much from inside the car, its just a shitty angle. It would be hard to see plates, faces, etc…

You need a camera outside the car. If you can get that, even if youre somewhat far away, you can get a perfect shot of the car. You just need a decent camera with the appropriate lens. Youd be looking at a black and white one, or a color that switches to black and white at night. .003 min lux or better should be just fine.

Find a camera, and then its easy to record. Old computers with new hard drives work great. Get a cheap card with a video in, set it up to record 24/7.

Shit too bad I my apartment windows are pointing inwards :frowning:

Maybe if you weren’t such a faggot people wouldnt fuck with your shit. Shitty stuff happens to shitty people. Oh and thanks for the valve caps.

You are very original.

He was asking a legit question, no need to call him a fag. This isn’t OT.

couple of wireless infrared cameras on their own separate battery in the car (to make sure you wouldnt kill the cars battery) broadcasting back to the house and recording on an old VCR on EP mode (or whatever allows you to record for 6 hrs) or a pc should do the trick.

Brian

My cams came with 200’ of wiring for power and video. They are RCA and a generic power supply size, so you could extend it further if needed. Try parking somewhere else?

Just get a couple of camcorders and one of those adapters that turns your cigarette lighter adapter into a wall plug. (It’s called a power inverter and is sold at most hardware and auto parts stores.)

The only problem with your plan is that the cameras will get stolen. :lol:

But serioulsy though, you don’t actually do this. Just insure your car properly and/or drive a beater until you can live in a nicer place.