Car vs. House - I miss my GA :(

Who here has NO time for their cars…due to being a homeowner?

Not really on point with anything. I bought a house a month ago. Just before the winter I developed a LIM leak. Let me pause to express my happiness…yay. Anyways, when the snow melted and I moved into my house my Grand Am found its new home in the garage untouched…undriven…unfixed for what feels like forever. Next week I have off from work for the 4th. I am hoping to devote most of this time to fixing the LIM, Tie rod end, Put my Rims back on, and then a heathly wash and wax. Not a lot to do. But I literally have no time to do this during the work week.

Trust me, for ‘unaware’ drivers, buying a house will eat you up and spit you out. In the last month I don’t even want to add up how much $$$ went into the house. Lets just say I could have bought a brand new GTO and then some. For those wondering yes it was all my $$$. No hand-me-downs here.

In the end it is all worth it. I just can’t wait to fix my ride and go for a cruise.

Couple Pics.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/llorentz/House/001_Exterior.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/llorentz/House/007_Yard.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/llorentz/House/Yard.jpg

No time, no money for hobby cars when purchasing a house. I’ve been in mine for almost a year and my car hasn’t started in almost 9 months.

Yea, I know how that one is… At least you are CAPABLE of working on your house, I’m still gimping around from my surgery…

And my cars been sitting, I just don’t have the $$ to do anything with it… which BLOWS!!! but since I switched jobs, it’s looking come next spring I’m going to actually be in the Black again with finances so MAYBE just MAYBE the bird can be resurrected!!!

PS: You BETTER have that box stashed in a SAFE spot!!!

you guys are doing something wrong.

i bought a new home with my wife, had a baby and still get out to track events and have motors swapped… heck i just bought another boosted car for a daily driver… so i have 2 hobby cars now… and i’m modding both.

moral of the story is:

a) buy a cheaper house
b) buy a home with income potential (rent basement out)
c) make more money
d) all of the above

my “nice” car has been relegated to special event only status, and hasn’t even been waxed this year yet… more money has gone into the garden than anything for the last 3 months. oh the joys of home ownership.

that looks like fisher court

Owning a home has to change the way you operate, otherwise you’re def. setting yourself up for a fall. I’m still all about cars, and totally into mine still, but my “priorities” have certainly been adjusted a little.

Congratulationas Luke, good luck with it.

Yep. I could have easily bought a nice used car or a brand new bike for the money I just sunk into my kitchen this month. Oh well. At least that’s money that I’ll see again.

Welcome to the club. :tup:

Haha bing you forgot the NYSpeed preferred method:

e. More debt

So is the noise very bad being backed up to a highway like that?

get cheaper project / fun cars. :gotme:

Ding ding, the street name starts with a B

i know it yay

lol

LOL; thus the reason for me changing jobs for Bing’s item C; and the opposite of your E in reducing my debt load.

I jumped a little too deep when I bought my place, but I’m the only one to blame for that, and I’m doing what I need to do to “dig my way out” instead of getting in deeper.

congrats. i am still waiting for them to break ground on my new house.

houses > cars

however both is where it’s at :tup:

why is this in gan auto
congrats

i have to admit though, i’ve been a bit less cautious with dollars since having a baby and buying the home.

as far as i am concerned, before i had those things, i was saving FOR them…

now that i have the house, the baby, the bills are getting paid etc… i am less motivated to keep 5-figure bank balances… put the money on the house or buy a toy… work hard play hard.

and always… always… ALLLLLWWWAAAAAYYSSSS be making more money or working on a clear path to it.

if your job sucks and is underpaying you and you are NOT looking for a new one you are a fag.

90% of us are Gen-Y on here… our employers, the execs in particular, EXPECT us to jump for more money… leverage that.

when you go into interviews, all of the HR peeps have been prepped and done seminars and classes on how to communicate and what to expect from Gen-Y’s… leverage that

and considering how fucking cheap real estate is in buffalo you shouldnt be crying anyways… fuck, my house cost 4 times what Joe paid… which was half what the bank approved us for.

luke, you still in EA?

:bigclap:

:salute:

Thanks guys. I’m psyched about this whole homeowner business.

Well this was OT to begin with but the statement was about having time to work on cars…meh :shrug: If it was in OT it may have turned into a Car conversation.

:snky:

It’s not a Street. It’s a Terrace. Oops.

I am still working in EA. Living in West Seneca. What up Buddy.

^ All good points. I agree with you totally. I got a smokin deal on my House. This is more of that my House is now my project and not such much my car. I was just curious to see how other people balance their Car projects while owning up to owning a house. You SIR, are doing well. Last week I sat down with my Boss and told him I sent out my resume, which I did. I told him I wanted a raise and gave him a figure. So we will see. Thanks for the advice :tup:

PEOPLE - LISTEN TO BING.

lol no sneaky, i grew up in fisher court i know exactly where u live now :slight_smile: