Car Waxing...

Ok this is what happened, my buddies civic has dull paint on the hood and roof of his car…so I wanted to try to wax his hood to see if i could make it look a little better, not knowing that I shouldn’t wax flat paint…Anyways, the result of this is that once I rubbed the wax off, if left a residue which is very noticeable and White, basically the circles from rubbing the wax on are all still there, but it does not rub off??? we tried everything from using a harsh soap, scrubbing it really hard, pressure washer, I have no idea of how to get rid of this, does anyone have any suggestions that can help me out lol

thanks a lot!
Adam.

Dishwashing liquid or citrus cleaner should do it

if not get a can of paint and re black it :smiley:

ORANGE GLO

yea we used dishwashing liquid…is orange glo the citrus cleaner stuff…canadian tire??b

no clue how to get it off but maybe wetsand with 1200 grit then buy this stuff thats basicly a reallly fine grit sandpaper but comes in a bottle and you buff it in. I think you can get it in 1500,1800 2000 grit etc. We did this in school a year ago i was surprised it brought the gloss back on a pure flat red car that looked like there was no clear at all.

uhm for dull faded paint,use jewlers rouge, AKA rubbing compound, then wax…

now you’ve gotta work twice as hard to remove the wax

^^^^^Rubbing compound thats the word!

so this is going to get rid of the existing white swirl residue remaining from the wax i used already?

that and some elbow grease