Good Wax Remover?

I know claybar and dishsoap will take it off but is there any other things that can be used ? I heard something called prepsol by dupont will take it off also. Any ideas ? And where can I get it at locally. Thanks

lacquer thinner

^ word

dish soap works well too. Go get it washed at one of the cheerleader fund raisers. You will drive away with all the wax removed from the car :tup: (and probably quite a few scratches)

Dawn Dish Soap :wink:

lol i was joking about the thinner silly peeps, lacquer thinner will eat the paint.

aircraft remover also works well :slight_smile: :tup:

Im not sure about dawn though cause i heard its not good for the paint. I guess if I wash it off really good it couldnt hurt.

it’ll be fine with dish soap, used it hundreds of time :tup: paint is still good looking (minus the fading, bubbling and cracking)

lol you sure its not the dishsoap ?

lol it was a joke

Ya I know what I said was a joke lol…

dawn wash is what you want. but I suspect there is more to your question from the way that you asked it. Du pont Prep Sol and Final Clean will work but are way overkill unless you’re planning to do body work / painting.

dawn.

I would mix it with regular car wash detergent so you don’t mar the paint.

It may not remove it.

Rubbing alcohol is a good choice, just don’t let it sit in the paint.

it’s fine for the paint once and a while as long as you know what you’re doing. i.e. knowing that you have wax to remove, not moving your hand in circles ever, etc.

You have to remember that paint cleaner any many other chemicals will remove old wax also, so it’s not like you need to get it perfect unless you’re a 100% show car.

is dawn wash any worse than driving your car on the highway at 80mph? probably not.

It’s not necessary prep.

I guess ill just squirt some dawn in a bucket add a couple gallons of water and give it a good wash to make sure all of the dawn is off. Than I will wash it either with some einsettz or meguiars. Ill give it a good dry down to make sure all water is gone than I will wax it with p21s wax. I will let it cure for a day and enjoy !

You can get prep sol from any body supply shop. Walmart also has a product like this. Prep sol isnt really overkill IMO, if you want anything lipid based off prepsol should do it.

You can also use:

Dawn wash
You can use anything that is slightly alkaline thats appropriate for washing a car
A heavy concentration of car shampoo will do it too.
A cleaner wax will also work- hence the name.

p21s isnt known for being bulletproof durability so it shouldnt be too much of a task. The matching p21s paint cleanser lotion works.

If you end up picking up prep sol and only need it 1 time, I would be happy to buy the remainder from you

Why don’t you just use the P21S/S100 pre-cleaner polish?

edit: Oh, I see my recruit from Autopia already mentioned that. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.amazon.com/P21S-Paintwork-Cleanser/dp/B0002LBGXC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1215554607&sr=8-5

This stuff?

P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is a pre-wax cleaner and polish

isnt a polish abrasive ?