Car wont start....

so i go out in the morning and the car wont start. I turn the key and the speakers go all crackly and nuts and it doesn’t turn over, it just does random ticks. The negative terminal was loose but i fiddled around with it and iits barly arcing at all. I did recently put a big ass amp in the car, dont know how much its drawing but i think that has something to do with it. I’m hungover right now and dont really want to play around with it all unless i know what to fix. Think i should swap the battery or what?

foz

make sure the neg/pos terminals on the battery connections are TIGHT. if you want, go to canadian tire and pick up new connection peices. They come in a nice gold color and look 10x better anyways.

hmm now tempted to take my non insured winter beater to crappy tire…

you wouldnt need to bring your car.

I’ believe one of my 240’s has those gold things, hold on ill go check.

do you have power everywhere (lights, radio, etc.)? if so, your battery is fine… the ticking and no cranking sounds like a starter problem. give it a good whack or two with a hammer to try and get it to work, or if your car is manual try bump starting it.

I second this.

Make sure when you turn the key two clicks forward, all the usual stuff happens, lights-wise…that should be the next step to diagnosing the real problem.

Good luck.

turns out my new amp draws a shit load of power… dead battery
I swapped in my spare ac delco and it fired right up.