car won't turn off

I have some serious electircal issues,

most prominent is that sometimes the car will not turn off… I must stall it out

Next month is a wiring harness swap, I don’t have time now for it…

Question 1; in the engine fuse panel, “EGI pump” relay controls what, as I hear that its malfunctioning

thanks

did u try turning the key off ?

it runs with the key out and the steering wheel locked, you ass-hat

its runs witht the door locked and me walking away…

I didnt really think about it when you were @ the shop this morning but I’d put my money towards something in your igniton “at the key” etc… since its all like hanging out of place and crap… :lol:

Its hard for me to explain but call me after and I tell you exactly what I think the problem is

Jefro

it runs with the key out and the steering wheel locked, you ass-hat

its runs witht the door locked and me walking away…[/quote]

so what r u worried about? the steering is locked and so are the doors

who’s the asshat now … ass hat

My Neon sometimes does the same thing… i tried putting the key back in the ignition turn it on and back off… nothing… pull the key out and nothing… engine just loves to be on.

The only way i can get my engine to turn off is to pop the hood, remove the cover for the fuses under the hood and tap on the fuses a bit… engine turns off when i tap on the fuses… I am too lazy to clean them.

Try that out, who knows, maybe it will work for you.

I had this EXACT problem when i did my motor swap. My car would run with the key out and everything was constantly getting power. After ALOT of swearing and head scratching it ended up being the ecu. I swapped ecu’s and problem fixed.

How about just resetting the ECU?

I think My problem lies in my steering column as it probably has 400,000km of wear on it…

or a sticking relay

sweet deal man… i wish i had a turbo timer!! :wink:

^ you probably wish you had A turbo too…

usless post, go home… :evil:

Flintstone solutions aside :fruit:

Could check the ignition switch wiring - you may have intermittent short there (or bent contact) and check for continuity while switching back and forth… disable your airbag first :stuck_out_tongue: (- off your battery clamp)…

Under load though, even a small short can be cause for electricity hopping the contacts…