key stuck in on position will not turn off

my key is stuck in the on position it will not turn off. car starts and runs fine just the key will not turn off. is this my igntion switch or something broke in the steering column? i have to disconnect battery to turn the car off. i have tried wiggleing the steering wheel and the gear selector no luck. if i force the key off will i break something else? thanks for any help.

man, i remember a few years ago, i was sitting with my friend at a red light and this guy pulled up next to me in his iroc. it looked just like the car in your sig.

the car was running super lumpy and loud, and then it just stalled on him. he tried to start it, but to no avail. he kept trying and trying to start it, till the starter went for a SUUUPER long time, i looked over like WTF, and the dude pulled the key out of the ignition, but the starter was still cranking the motor. he kept trying and trying to turn it back, but it was suck hahaha man. i lol’d hard

good luck with your problems

is the car a Auto? maybe something isnt registering that the car is in park for the key to come out.

see if the steering column moves with the shifter,its possiable something is wrong with the linkage.If so turn column back by hand counterclock wise.

what kind of car? 3rd gen fbodys have a key lock built into the column… push in on the key as you turn it.