Carbotech Brake Compounds

I get asked a fair amount the difference between the Carbotech compounds so on my side project I decided to write up a quick post regarding it…

http://www.turnsix.net/index.php/2013/07/a-look-at-the-different-carbotech-compounds/

Buy them here: http://store.maximalperformance.com/carbotech/b-10950.aspx

XP12 - I’m not manly enough for these pads. 2000F is the max for these pads so you can to beat the shit out of it and still stop before the tire barrier. Your wheels are instantly black the first time you stop from these and bystanders go deaf when you stop within 20ft of them on cold brakes.

I ran the 12’s the last time I went to Nelson in the GTO on the advice of one of the vendors and a few track day guys on ls1gto.com. Held up great, zero fade and could probably get a 2nd day out of them.

Were you having issues with the XP10s or just went right to the 12s?

The higher compounds are one of those things that’ll work but you’ll have to push through the others first (or at least that’s what I’m doing) which I why I take them a bit lightly.

I ran a set of EBC yellows down to about 1/4 pad left at Nelson the year before and several people recommended the XP12’s. After doing some research on them with the track day guys on ls1gto.com I jumped right into the 12’s. It’s a heavy car (3800lbs) with decent power so brakes take a beating.

Yeah, I imagine super high HP cars and the heavier cars can benefit from the 12+.

I know in the 3S world the XP8’s are actually pretty popular and they don’t fade. I haven’t been able to get them to at least…of course my car, being FWD TT, is only around 3000 so…

loved the xp8s on my Scion FR-S - these are my go to pad from now on, assuming I ever drive my own car again (which I probably won’t since people have been offering me rides).

You forgot to mention Carbotech’s best feature, modulation.

I have used XP10s and RP2s, in my experience I disagree with this comment.

but aren’t as rotor friendly as the rest

Both will eat through a cheap rotor within the 2nd or 3rd set.

True, with all this feedback I might edit the post a bit.

And yeah, A friend of mine swears by the RP2’s as he says he’s saves cash on brakes overall because he uses cheap $30 rotors.

With our new site we now list these for all applications: http://store.maximalperformance.com/carbotech/b-10950.aspx

Nice, great pads. I’ve used a XP8 front and AX6 rear combo with good results during HPDE days.

Yep, I personally use the XP8 with the bobcats (1521) on the rear. Of course I have some crazy front brake bias so…

None listed for my car on your site. I just melted a brand new set of cheapies at the track last week and ordered at set of ebc yellows. Ill see how they do…

I’ll look into it…what’s your car?

Yellows are solid pads too…which we also carry. :slight_smile:

nothing for 02 svt focus either.

They do carry them, I’ll look into why they’re not on the site but let me know what compound you’re interested in and I can get you a price.

Bump…