Carpet cleaning/shampooing, odor removal.

So the car i just picked up i didnt notice it until after i bought it, but the passenger foot area carpet smells soooo bad. Like spilled milk or dead baby fetus.

I tried automotive oxyclean/ odor stain remover spray. I tried automotive fabreeze odor remover.

Nothing worked, its horrid. Is there any place i should try that specials in shampooing the carpet and steam cleanung it, or that are really good for this type of thing?

Or another product that works

I was recommended delta sonic, but i imagine they probably go through it quick and arent that professional, but i could be wrong.

Im debating next year ripping out the interior and installing a new carpet or i guess having it washed lol at that point.

Thx

Soak it with a water/purple power mix and scrub hard then use a shop vac to pull it out. Then air it out for a few days. If that doesn’t work most detail shops should be able to shampoo and steam vac it out and some have chlorine bombs that usually neutralize any odors.

http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-extreme-offensive-odor-eliminator.html

Thanks, have you used this before?

No, I have used several of their other products before and they all work great. If you look around you may find some feedback on this from the detailing boards.

Im not certain it works on odors, but Folex carpet cleaner works amazingly well on stains. You can get it at lowes or HD etc. Might be worth a shot for $8 or w/e

Dan

Im not too worried about the stain, its black carpet, and its under the floor mat. But the smell is like puke.

A few years ago a gf puked in the back seat of my car on the night before Thanksgiving. Only cure was vinegar. The car smelled like vinegar for a month but the puke smell never came back.

Ive read about using a vinegar solution. Maybe ill try that first.

I’ve used some pet stain and oder removers to get a puke smell out after someone puked in an old car of ours. I ended up stripping the interior and cleaning everything and spraying everything. I believe I used vinegar as well in many spots. once the chemical smells went away, it was smell free for 3 years and I believe still is.

Ive used the Chemical Guys Stuff with good results. But I also have an extractor ( http://www.bissell.com/lift-off-upright-carpet-cleaner-94y2 ) I use this to clean the carpets in the house and then the lift-off part works perfect for auto interiors. Using this shampoo and extractor should get rid of it. I’ve cleaned out some awful-smelling stuff from my wife’s minivan before.

Oh yeah the extractor part… I have one of these including the hand wand thing if you want to borrow it:

Thanks for the offer, ill pm u once im ready to try it.

Do you think i should also use the chemical guys stuff, or just your carpet extractor? Or both?

you could try just extracting it or extracting white vinegar through it before spending any $.

If you do decide to order odor eliminator from Autogeek use promo code VET15 for 15% off and free shipping.