carpet removal

hey guys i want to change my floor carpet for a newer one, am just wanna know what do i need to take out befor i remove the carpet.
thanks
sean

remove the door trim thingy on the bottom
remove the seats
take out the center console
and cut the carpet through the middle, (fastest way)
and take it out

very simple. not much to it. i might have forgotten some detail, but u get the point.

:wink:

-take out the trim along the bottom of doorstep (put a flat spatula between trip piece and car body and pry hard as you twist the screw, once u get little slack just yank that slut out, its tricky)
-remove both seats (4 bolts each)
-remove seat belt harness (1 bolt each on side of floor)
-remove center console trim around the stereo (pull on it around the shifter)
-remove the screws that hold the center armrest to the dashboard (2) and ones on the side of the center console (4, one on each corner of the sides)
-remove center armrest console (unhook harness, remove shift knob and shift boot)
-undo left foot rest on the driver side on the very left (3 bolts, make sure you dont round them)
-cut carpet on the top under the dash (straight forward cut) and along the center under the console where necesarry

i think thats pretty much it all i can remember

good luck, be patient, and sand and primer all the rust spots under the carpet on the floor, i reccommend putting large celophane layer on top of the sound deadning and under the new carpet, also, dry out all the sound deadening before putting new one in to reduce future corrosion

peace.

thanks guys u have been great help :smiley: