Cars & Coffee @ Eastern Hills Mall (NOT run by Matt)

If @Mr_New_York standing at the exit asking people individually not to fuck around didn’t work, neither will a sign… unfortunately :rage:

We had signs previously, they did nothing; as Josh mentioned me standing at the gate also did nothing.

When the State Troopers were there, that still didn’t stop everyone. You can’t stop stupid unfortunately.

Fucking sad.

Pretty ridiculous that with the troopers there it didn’t stop. It shouldn’t come to them needing to be there but if they’re there why didn’t they immediately pull the offenders over and throw the book at them? Make an example out of the idiots at one event with about $1000 worth of tickets and the problem children would get the message quick that this isn’t their kind of event. Sounds like too little too late now though.

Part of it is because the troopers were not on special assignment, they were there as a courtesy IIRC. Although on duty there is the obligation to uphold the law, by interjecting themselves into this event by policing all offenders it becomes more than just simple oversight. Obviously if any major crimes or MVAs occurred they would respond.

I guess if all things fall through I wouldn’t be opposed to loosely organizing small, once-a-month, morning meets somewhere. If the goal isn’t growth and it’s only promoted here, non-public FB pages, and word of mouth we might even be able to get away with meeting at Orchard Fresh again. Or maybe Whole Foods? I’d think we’d only see 20 or so old-school NYSpeed/UBRF people :thinking:

1 Like

I know I would definitely be in. It would be reminiscent of NYSpeed Southgate/Mighty meets but in the morning and more mature.

I was thinking of starting a thread for a morning meet up and cruise for breakfast/coffee. I as well do not want it getting out of hand as I don’t want someone ruining our time and/or property. Should I get a thread started? I don’t want to clutter this one up with too much outside of Cars and Coffee. Hoping this comes back this year though. Always nice seeing the high end cars.

I would be down for a smaller NYspeeder C&C at a cool venue.

1 Like

Let’s wait until Matt updates everyone on cobblestone before trying to plan something.

Back to the southtowns ya bastards. I dont think orchard park is a good idea. Too small. Southgate might be better.

Give Matt a chance to work something out first. But I’m down for whatever. I can bring a few friends, none of them act like retards.

So after a quick look around FB (which I’m rarely on) it looks like there are several people trying to step in and fill the C&C gap.

But none IMO have the clout that @Mr_New_York has.

Southgate is a no-go-zone for car stuff. Pretty sure that was blown up a while ago but I could be mistaken.

1 Like

My friend might have a handle on Apple tree business park, it’s not used on sundays as is.

Did he approach them with a proposal?

He’s contacting the property manager about it. I’ll update as I get information. I’ll ask my work about a small sponsorship also as they did for the last 2 years. My friends wife also works for CPD and said having police there isn’t an issue at all. Also discussed having an entrance fee that all proceeds will go to a charity like Wounded Warrior Project.

Sounds good. Keep in mind they’ll probably want some insurance and any number of other qualifications.

Then there is the whole “who’s going to run it and not enjoy the day” aspect of putting on a car event, lol.

For those that didn’t receive the email, Cars and Coffee Buffalo is being discontinued for 2019. I summarize more of my thoughts in the email (copied to the Facebook page). Ultimately the more I looked for that next venue, the more I had to think about the event I was bringing to the table-trying to justify, explain, and vouch for the event’s attendees proved more and more difficult with each meeting. I felt it was better to end things on a good note before anything major happened, and leave the door open in a few years to come back and put together another event. Thank you to everyone here on NYspeed for your support.

1 Like

Would you be willing to open the doors for another person (myself and few close friends) taking over for this year?