Cars.gov

http://www.cars.gov/

President Obama signed into law a program NHTSA is calling the Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS). This is a government program that helps you purchase a new, more fuel efficient vehicle when you trade in a less fuel efficient vehicle. See the Frequently Asked Questions for more details.

THEY are trying to get rid of all cars 9 + yEArs & older,BOYCOT THIS!

Obama is doing a great job

There must be something to prevent this, but why wouldn’t I buy an old piece of crap, register/insure it for a year until it qualifies, then trade it in to get my $3500 - $4500 on a new car?

Program runs through Nov 1, 2009 or when the funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.

If you buy one now, you wouldn’t have owned it for a year by november.

…and then when people ‘loose their income’, they’ll give it back and be out nothing. america is so awesome.

i should have tried trading my 81 rabbit diesel for something more fuel efficient…and when they find there isnt anything more fuel efficient, laugh and tell them all to go to heck.

they won’t even take cars over 25 years old. Calm down.

bye bye US hello China

I hope all the Obama marks are happy now with there 40 dollars extra a month

so everyone’s in a uproar because…?

1. People are getting rid of there old vehicle (which tends to get less mpg), for one thats better one gas?
    (last I checked most of America’s doing this, but now everyone’s getting mad because the government wants to give you money?)
  2. People will (GENERALLY) get better gas mileage then before
  3. With the purchase of a new car’s it will help the economy (somewhat)

anyone who has a problem with this is retarded…truth

They have to take it first to give it out. :slight_smile:

I went to a dealership today to inquire about the program and started another thread. Basically they want you to go from Luxury to modern day Chevette so we can all be equal.

this will be great for salvage yards

they arent making you do this, its up to you if you want to do that or not. hell if i had a vehicle i didnt give a crap about that was older i would do it too. 4500 bucks can go a long way right now

Hey, brokeass, they take the $4500.00 off the cost of the new vehicle.

My dad just bought a new vehicle… traded this old beater 91 Olds in on it and got $3500… its worth like $400 tops. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

yea saw that after i posted, whoops

Supra, if you dont mind me askin, what did your dad get?

everyone go out and buy a smart car… they are like 7K new… cheapest route if you ask me to get a new car

better guess again, those damn things are close to 12k. wife was looking at them at last years car show. what a waste of money.