Casette Tape Adaptor --to--> Ipod Input

My 89 240 still has the original center console casette player / radio tuner. I was wondering if the dummy casette tape adaptor players which allow you to connect to Ipod/Iphone for music will work on such an old Casette player?

Or am I better off just installing a deck?

Im talking about something like this

http://www.intorocase.co.uk/images/ipod_cassette_adaptor.jpg

It will work just fine. best thing would probably just to upgrade to a deck if you have the cash. Your choice.

It’ll work but it’ll sound like crap. Get an FM transmitter if you aren’t gonna upgrade your deck. At least then you can use it in more places than your ancient car.

^^ agreed. if you don’t upgrade to a deck with a aux you should at least get the fm transmitter. I’ve personally used the tape converter thing, and it sounds horrible, you get horrible quality sound and almost sounds like only one side of speakers are working.

1. BEST Upgrade to deck with aux input
  2. OK Get a FM transmitter (downside is there’s less and less free FM channels out there now a days)
  3. MEH Tape converter thingy, sounds horrible but works.

edit: finding a deck with aux input is not even hard or expensive now. you can probably find one now for around $120 brand new.

i had a tape thingy wasnt to bad but sucked balls i cold up to you just use it they are like 5 buxs so go for it if not get an "i trip " for ur ipod those work well i have one of them

thanks for the input guys, will probably just go for an aux input capable deck!

yeah grab a deck i installed 1 in my friends car recently it was a jvc 1 he got it for around 80 bucks mp3 auxilary input. i think from future shop.