cat-less emissions ???'s

ok, the cel problem has been fixed on my car. now i want to finally install a straightpipe. some people told me i wont pass an emissions if they look under the car, and some i would pass as long as the cel wasn’t on because the newer cars don’t need the sniffer test. HAS ANYONE HERE PASSED AN EMISIONS WITH NO CATS??

the allegheny county area which includes immediate surrounding counties, requires visual emissions check as well as sniffer test. so technically if you have no cat, then you wont pass

Unless you know the person rather well doing your emissions, you are not going to pass inspection.

yeah your not gona pass the sniffer (should have bought a honda) but you can weld a heat shield onto the pipe so it looks like a cat

you cut it out your not gonna pass…unless you keep your car under 5000 miles a year then you are exempt from emissions

if you have a check engine light you fail

you car i take it is a 04 you are requird for the new emissions machine there is no sniffer involved its all tested by you obd2 connector…but you are still required to pass a visual… so if theres not a cat there no chance of passing…

do alot of people have the cats cut off there car yeppers… do they find ways to pass yep…is it a big fine oh yes…if the inspection place gets caught passing you with out it

not a diss but yours is a daily driver i take it leave the cat on get a nice cat back and a header call it a day… you are now where makeing enough power to be worried about if you need a cat or not… leave it on and save yourself the headachs

100% agree with spangler. but to add to one part.

i dont have cats on my car. but i work at a huge shop and my one buddy inspected it for me. its best if your friends with someone and you tell them “if i get caught ill say i took it of after i got inspected” i have only had one cop ever attempt to get me for no cats and it was on my lowered sonoma and the old guy couldnt get low enough to look. if he would have pursued it i would have been destroyed though.

get a highflow and header back exhaust you wont notice the difference.

It’s your DD, if anything just get a high flow cat

thanx for the input everyone. ill just use that money for a bsr instead.

good idea:boink

I have passed emissions but not the visual, i also have a spoof for my o2 though n no codes being drawn.

i passed without a cat in allegheny county…bypassed the check engine light

one thing you could do is cut the heat shields and the outside of the cat and then weld them to the straight pipe so that it looks like you have a cat i did this once and had no problem also just ram a rod down through your cat takes a little bit of work but it will be like a straight pipe but they can’t say that your cat isn’t there. but don’t tell them that it is hollowed out.

i said bsr(balance shaft removal), not beer. i dont drink.

I passed emissions with a test/straight pipe in Delaware and i needed the sniffer test but im guessing you should be fine since its an 04

if you have OBD2 a visual is NOT a required part of state safety in allegheny county.

I’ve passed with no cat and no egr with guys I didn’t even know, as long as do not have any codes you should be good

x2

I have the outer shell of a cat welded over my 3" exhaust. looks real enough so that if someone takes a peak, they will see a cat

haha that’s a good idea

BULLSHIT!!!

your retarded if you think a visual is not required…unless you know someone that willing to risk there inspector linceses (im not) and fines and inspection station shut down for 6 months…

can it be done

yes should you list all these reason on a public board for everyone to see no