Catch can

Again i know this is the wrong section to post in however no one ever posts in the tech section, i was wondering if i should run the two fitting off the back of the block for the catch can, or if running the two fitting out of the valve cover to a catch can is sufficient, i have a b16 that i have the fittings on the back of the block now im doing a b18 and i dont know if i can just go the valve cover or not, any help would be appreciated, and if i do need to run them off the back of the block, does anyone have the part number for the fittings from honda, thanks alot

Technically you should have fittings from the block AND from the head. For mild builds the block only setup can be effective, as most of the oil vapor/pressure you are trying to reude reside in the block.

You’ll need the two NPT fittings for the block, and one machined plug (made by B&R on H-T) to plug where the PCV breather exits the block. I’ll look up the parts numbers when I get home…I just bought some recently.

thanks alot, i know when i did the b16 my friend gave me part numbers for these two fittings on the back of the block that i ran the catch can from but i cant for the life of me remember the numbers, i hope to be making around 400whp so i guess i should go both, oh and btw im still interested in the rotas i just couldnt get over there, and ive been dumping money into the new motor but if u still have them in the next week or so i should have the money

Z10 also makes a block off for where the breather box goes but its $30

http://www.z10eng.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

They also sell the freeze plug fittings for either 3/4" hose or -12an steel lines. Also check out the valve cover breather that they have that replaces your oil cap.

Freeze Plug part number from advance is 555-104

If your valve cover alread has the fittings welded in just get new aluminum crush washers for the block fittings and put them in the b18.

i also have the perfect catch can for you if you are interested, it is a custom designed aluminum catch can, made to fit around an odyssey battery in the stock battery location. the color is polished aluminum but can be painted any color you want really. let me know if you’re interested.

if he doesn’t want the catch can, I may be interested. Shoot me some pics.