Dumb question (turbo folks)

Check out the circled area… I’m debating buying this full catback (boostlogic 4inch) and I assume it’s plumbed for the owners turbo or o2 bung? Or I could be off here… Is that pluggable/useable?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/1flossedm3/exhaust13.jpg

Those don’t look like o2 sensors but I guess they could be crazy wideband set up

you dont want that dp…instead of having a catch can they vent the valve cover breathers that way…i was going to do those but i was told they are only good for drag racing…period…when your putting around they dont have enough pull behind them…search SF…they have a write up about doing them…they are one way valves

Thats why they looked funny. Thank god Ray does research

Hrm… I wanted to set up a catch can. What else would you plumb it into?

You could use a normal catch can setup. They are like 100 bucks

Might have to pick one up. I’ll check out MVP or SP

i just got a catch can…they have the oneway valve’s so the vapors go into the exhaust and burn up…less clutter i guess

thats for a e/vac set up kinda like a pcv valve i wouldnt use it for the streets, strip only as the exhaust wont pull it down till high in the rpm,s

Another question:

I talked to the owner, he said he could have them welded closed. I probably will pick it up if he has that done. Also… I assume the heat wrapping is a good thing. Anyone know what that much wrap usually costs?

yeah you can weld them shut its just a small pipe angled right in the exhaust to evacuate the motor like a pcv will but it wont spill obviously

$20-$30 at Auto Zone and shit like that. There’s a few different brands that are popular.

i wouldnt wrap it unless ya need to wrap holds moisture in and rust happens fast most header companies will void the warr if a header is wrapped

Stainlessss ( i know, still can rust, just in a different way )

That’s why I didn’t wrap mine.

When you start making big power you will inevitably have blow by which will result in crankcase pressure. Eliminating the crankcase pressure will make more power and also be much better for your turbo since the oil will return better (non pressurized oil does not like to drain into a pressurized oil pan). generally run 2 –10 lines from the front of the valve cover, 2 –10 lines from the rear of the valve cover, and 2 –10 lines from the oil drain back plugs in the rear of the block. These block plugs also double as drain backs from the catch can when there is no crankcase pressure.

i dont its a waste unless its before a turbo on a full race car just to keep the heat in it but outside of it nahhhhhhhhhh

i covered that already ,thank you come again

i was gonna say they are def hydraulic related lines… i’d have em cut flush and welded so they dont look dumb.

it will hinder the vacuum if its not right it can actually apply pressure if done wrong it has to be at right angle