Looking for help on breather system setup!!!

Having some trouble with my current setup, i think i know why. All i have are two breathers shoved into the holes in my valve covers. The valve covers are not baffled. I seem to be pushing oil out of the breather and sometimes out of the front seal. The seal is good, my guess is the motor is creating alot of pressure and there is nowhere for it to escape so it decides to blow it out anywhere it can. The motor is naturally aspirated so there isnt an enormous amount of pressure but it was enough to shut my day down at the track on saturday. I cant decide whether i want to run lines to the headers to have the pressure sucked out of the motor thru the exhaust, or if i want to run lines to a catch can/breather tank setup. Let me know what your thoughts are guys i really appreciate your help. Right now i have two 1.25 inch holes in the vavle covers and im going to get two -10AN bungs for that and some -10 line to go to the catch can/headers. Before i do one or the other id really like to hear opinions/past experiences on what works best. THANKS SO MUCH!

no pcv port in carb? either that or run a evac system threw the exh

Hmmm, I’m not a guru with this kind of stuff, but I’d say go with the Catch can setup.
The exhaust setup sounds pretty cool too!

I dont beleive there is one, that carbs got nothing, for 600 bones you’d expect it too, but reason it was so much is because its pro-form’s “race carb”…no choke mechanical secondaries all that jazz so its kinda stripped down…I think im more than likely going to run it to the exhaust, its almost like having a vacuum pump.

The catch can setup seems easier but it wont necesarily solve the problem, all it will do is “catch” the oil the motor is puking. If i run lines to the headers the exhaust sucks pressure out of each bank stopping the oil puking/and releiving pressure, which will help the motor spin faster and more freely through its powerband.

If you’re having issues evac blow by through twin 1.25" ports in the covers and popping the front seal then you’re likely having other issues getting venting up through the heads themselves or some SERIOUS blowby. Running -10 line isn’t going to be much of any help if 1.25" ports are not enough as is off the covers. (-10 is 5/8" ID, it’s ten “16ths” of an inch)

Why type of oil pan do you have? Consider venting from the pan itself up into an air/oil separator. Would have to be a custom piece, nothing likely to be “offshelf”. Or run a vacuum pump on -16 line through an air/oil separator off the ports on the VC’s.

Just my thoughts on that.

All i have in the valve covers are two 1.25 inch holes with an advance (edlebrock) breather shoved in it, i knew when doing that they wouldn’t be very effective but didnt care because i planned on doing something like this anyways. I have an aftermarket aluminum oil pan, what kind of vent exactly would you run off of the pan?

One Nice thing about my headers is the pass side has a bung for an O2 sensor already, do you know off hand what size thread an O2 sensor is because i could tap the other side and screw in two -10,-12,-16 to NPT adapters to run the -(w.e) line to…

i’d think since you got big power then run it ino the exhaust maybe?

If you have a pan, like a moroso for example, that has a top horizontal surface(like off an extended sump) this tends to work better but can be done on any pan with some work.

You weld a vent tube off the pan(horizontal surface) up to an air/oil separator chamber. Large vent tube, in the 1.5 - 2" ID range). The a/o can them be plumber directly into the intake. This system immediately purges blowby directly from the block/case and bypass the requirement of the flow to move through the head castings. It’s the same way you’d setup a vacuum pump, just sans the vacuum pump and hooked to the intake(or plenum)

o2’s are typically an 18 x 1.5mm pitch

LOL who said i got big power? :shifty

well you got big tires so maybe?:ponder

I like the oil pan idea, seems like alot of work, but it seems like it would work pretty damn well, even down the road say i ran into crazy money an threw a power adder onto this motor too. But most guys in my situation can usually get away with just running lines to the headers and be fine. So im undecided. Do you know off hand if i can get a AN fitting that will fit into the o2 bung?

HAHa i got big tires and big traction issues so yeah, maybe it does have a little power…:banghead

This car makes my penis soft

HAHA breaking transmissions makes my penis soft…:hijacked

you have to have them welded in a certain way to get the most vacuum draw iirc.

Oh no you didnt… Youre bout to recieve a FIRM betch slap upon arrival at your house :rofl

Gotcha good thing i know a few people that can weld.