Cayuga Touge.ca Sunday 16th 5pm-9pm

Just a heads up for those that are looking for a track day

Check www.touge.ca for more details.

I’ll be there :slight_smile:

So… who was the guy in the RB20 powered s13 coupe?

Anyways here’s some videos in car. I went off a few times as my shins and ankles were starting to hurt lol, plus driving mistakes. One of the times when I get off twice was one corner after the other lol… that was my shins giving up on me.

Next on buying list: racing gloves. It was a hot sweaty day. I don’t have a suede wheel and it was sweaty alright.

Understeer was KILLING me, it’s not so obvious in the video, but almost every time I lifted off or braked/slowed down was because of understeer. If I gave it gas to push through it would squeel like crazy and turn to oversteer with rear tires coming loose. It’s what made me alot alot slower…

Also yea 20 year old KA and I was shifting at 5500rpm as it seemed to have no power beyond and just made me slower.

I need a larger rear swaybar and/or more spring for my driving style… I tried running no rear swaybar and that was just garbage. I dunno but it works for some people doesn’t work for me. I want more turn in as well.

Chasing the c5 corvette and ferrari f430 (which was slow through corners) with my ka was fun… same with the 135i… it’s 3 liter twin turbo ate me in the straight. Basically any time I made mistakes I was left behind… but as long as I was going through the corners I’d catch up quickly.

Much much much improvement to be had with my driving as well obviously.

The go pro camera was okay… I wish i had something that could shoot 720p at least and handle vibrations of a car. The go pro sucks at night, records only about an hour and goes through two AAA lithium batteries really fast… which btw cost 10 bux…

Anyways what matters I had alot of fun and found new weaknesses in the car to improve. Every subsequent track day I’ve improved the car’s weaknesses…

So far I’ve setup the car all by myself, I’m sure scot could extract alot more out of the car. Car is not corner balanced either. I was taking it easy for the most part and just having fun. Lowering the car, the new alignment, the new wheels/tires were all a great choice. I wish I had more front and rear tire… but I will toy with what I have :slight_smile: There’s still much to be gained by alignment spring/arb changes. I don’t want to add power, although I do get bored of the stock NA KA. With an SR or LS1; about 300whp the car should be unstoppable :slight_smile: I want to add aero, full splitter, wing and full flat underbody. Make the car a grip terror.

Session 1 part 1:

Session 1 part 2:

Session 1 part 3:

Session 2 part 1:

Session 2 part 2:

Session 2 part 3:

You make lots of excuses for yourself huh?

i dont need to make excuses for myself just stating the facts.

WTF your white … I thought you were brown lol. just kidding

I’m with Ronnie, those are excuses. Blaming your shins for going off track? wtf do you mean? You went off track cause you as a driver made a mistake(s).

You shouldn’t be on the track if your legs are giving out, thats just dangerous.

I’m with the two guys above. Just post up the video and let people judge for themselves.

One of my biggest pet peeves are people who make excuses.

The best one I get is whenever someone goes to the drag strip and they run 13.5 but then they say “Yeah, but clutch was slipping, was on bald tires, etc”

You don’t ever see a Marathon Runner in the Olympics lose and then say “Yeah, my ankle was hurting and I have Asthma too.”

But like I told you…corvettes and ferraris are always the slowest guys at the track. No credit given by mentioning you were owning them. It’s understandable because they own a $70,000 - $200,000 car. Our cars are worth $5,000. We are obviously going to drive our cars much harder and faster.

Just get your car fixed and work on your driving.

ronnie and mr. x - why bother posting?

other than the camera being annoying with its clicking and washed out color the videos are pretty good and car looks like it will be awesome with more suspension setup

i dont see anything wrong with his post - a few excuses? big deal. theres always a reason that things arent perfect - he happens to have quite a few imperfect things about his car.

if you’re uncomfortable for some reason (ie: shin splints, whatever) then its much more difficult to concentrate. he is well behaved on the track around other cars, I don’t see how it is dangerous.

ahmed, keep practicing and keep both hands on the wheel!

Well I’m bluntly honest, I am not making ‘excuses’ to make myself look ‘less worse’. Some of you have bad intentions and assume others would be like you. You can consider it excuses but to me its just an honest report of what was happening with the car and myself, so that I can improve.

This is my 3rd track day and first time on cayuga. I had fun and I did better than last time with my car. Every subsequent track day I’ve improved the car and I hope to for the next track day. Unfortunately I did not take advantage of this whole summer’s track season but I hope to next year. What I really want are driving instructions from more experienced guys/driving school.

I don’t see why I would need to lie and make up that my shins are hurting to make myself look ‘better’ for making mistakes. My shins were hurting means my shins were hurting. Again alot of guys on here just have bad intentions and think others think like themselves in this respect.

That aside my car is more front roll resistance biased, the car was full soft on rebound and almost full soft on compression. I plan to get a progress swaybar from varun to try to correct some of that understeer I was battling through the sweepers. The two high speed corners from the straights the car was less balanced than necessary due to too little compression and car being mushy. The last corner before the first straight the car was bouncy so again dampening adjustment are necessary.

Again being my 3rd time on track and first time on cayuga, I am satisfied with my results both car and driver. Obviously both have much improvement to come. Instead of talking shit we should enjoy the sport and just have fun.

My times were as follows:

Session 1 part 1:

0:38 - 2:18 -> 1:40
2:18 - 3:52 -> 1:34
3:52 - 5:40 -> 1:48
5:40 - 7:24 -> 1:44
7:24 - 8:59 -> 1:35
8:59 - 10:30 (continue to next video) -> 1:31

Session 1 part 2:

0:30 - 2:04 -> 1:34
2:04 - 3:33 -> 1:29
3:33 - 5:11 -> 1:38
5:11 - 6:41 -> 1:30
6:41 - 8:15 -> 1:34
8:15 - 9:54 -> 1:39

Session 1 part 3:

9:54 (last video) - 1:24 -> 1:30
1:24 - end -> end

Session 2 part 1:

1:04 - 2:44 -> 1:40
2:44 - 4:23 -> [b]1:42
4:23 - 5:53 -> [b]1:30

5:53 - 7:23 -> 1:30
7:23 - 8:56 -> 1:29
8:56 - 10:26 (next video) -> 1:30

Session 2 part 2:

0:26 - 2:04 -> 1:38
2:04 - 3:32 (33) -> 1:28 (1:29)
3:32(33) - 5:01 -> 1:29 (1:30)
5:01 - 6:56 -> 1:55
6:56 - 8:27 -> 1:31
8:27 - 9:57 -> 1:30
9:57 - 11:33 (next video) -> 1:36

Session 2 part 3:

1:33 - 3:02 -> 1:29
3:02 - 4:31 -> 1:29
4:39 - end

One more vid from the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n27p96aSX4k (I’m the silver s13 obviously)

So in a nutshell between 1:28 and 1:31 with my dandy lil KA :slight_smile:

My next to get purchase of stuff includes:
-air pressure gauge
-pyrometer
-racing gloves for safety (it was quite sweaty)
-jack of some sorts so I can make adjustments on the car on track…

car looks pretty good, does look like u need to dial it in more.

Camera is pretty good, besides the annoying clicking noises.

Keep at it!

Hey man why do you have your lights up?

lol they start winking/i have a problem with them… so I made them stay up.

I’ll be replacing it with some supermade crap in the not so distant feature ( no time to complete)… plus it’ll be a nice 20-30lbs front end weight drop.

Yeah I know they can cause a tremendous drag/top speed slow down/milage drop but no care for now.

As much as I like the retro popup look on older cars… this shit has to go. I want to drop as much weight off the car as possible…