CC debt pissing contest

I have no cc debt but I called my bank yesterday to lowewr my rate anyway.
They jacked my rate up to 33%!!!
I told them I have a credit score of 820 and don’t need their crap because I borrow money at less than 8%!!!
They were so kind they lowered my rate to 14.74%.:bloated:

Everyone bitches about gas prices but keep in my that banks make higher profits than oil companies, so maybe it would be easier to buy gas if banks weren’t so greedy.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41751

Time is your friend, dump as amuch as you can into your retirement now while you are young.

[quote=“Fry,post:38,topic:39900"”]

Mostly because Praxair’s stock started at $60 this year. Closed yesterday over $87. :pimp:

Keep in mind that I don’t really know what I’m doing, just getting lucky:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/BikerFry/401k.jpg

[/quote]

yea but thats why 401K’s are sweet, you really don’t need to know what you’re doing. Most of the funds gain even if it is a small %… unless markets tank bigtime

[quote=“sureshot!,post:40,topic:39900"”]

lol fry what the fuck, that’s quite the plethora of investments

[/quote]

[quote=“Fry,post:38,topic:39900"”]

Keep in mind that I don’t really know what I’m doing, just getting lucky

[/quote]

dawt

Well, it’s not totally absent minded. I put some here this month, some there next month. Spread it around, but focus on the higher risk ones that have had better growth lately since I’m only 25. Not exactly intelligent strategy but it’s working so far. I really need to keep a watch on PX stock at this point. It went up 7 bucks after the 3Q info came out, then dropped 7 bucks, then back up when the EU approved us to purchase a 50% stake in a Norwegian industrial gas company…

[quote=“Locutus,post:35,topic:39900"”]

I’m in several international funds in my 401k at Fidelity.

my 403b doesn’t offer as much international, but they are still pretty profitable :slight_smile:

[/quote]

They have done very well this year as most people here seem to know i was just checking. I let the guy Fry told me about handle my when im old and dont want to work money. But i still stay up on it and have an account that i use for investoing as well so that i stay up on things. Anyone in the mood for some risk DEIX has doubled in the last few weeks FTW. On-topic Credit cards are bad mmmkkayy.

[quote=“newman,post:19,topic:39900"”]

sprocketbash411: i am so excited to make a 11,000 dollar credit card payment…
sprocketbash411: is that lame?
Carolina1Bound23: i’d love to do that. i’d be excited too.
Carolina1Bound23: i know this is dumb, but my mom pays for one of my credit cards, every month, total balance… then i have one i get billed on the internet that i hide. why do i hide it? no idea. i have like a 600 dollar balance…but pay 50 a month. horrible

[/quote]

Hahahah, new sig…

[quote=“Fry,post:45,topic:39900"”]

dawt

Well, it’s not totally absent minded. I put some here this month, some there next month. Spread it around, but focus on the higher risk ones that have had better growth lately since I’m only 25. Not exactly intelligent strategy but it’s working so far. I really need to keep a watch on PX stock at this point. It went up 7 bucks after the 3Q info came out, then dropped 7 bucks, then back up when the EU approved us to purchase a 50% stake in a Norwegian industrial gas company…

[/quote]

Thats a hell of a strategy!!! Hey ive never looked at a 401k spreadsheet. Can you put 401k money into anythig or are you limited to certain options?

cougarspeed - PM for more detailed info on “Fry’s guy”?

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:48,topic:39900"”]

Thats a hell of a strategy!!! Hey ive never looked at a 401k spreadsheet. Can you put 401k money into anythig or are you limited to certain options?

[/quote]

Limited to certain options. Haha I’m pretty sure I have a little money in all of my options, so all of my options are above.

PM sent and BTW not sure if i said it before buy Fry that guy was great. Spent alot of time with all of my off the wall questions that i could come up with. I was very impressed to say the least. Thanks for the tip

i was at 19k last year for the Wife and I.
we have this unfortnate problem in that we like to eat regularly.

single income family FTL.

my debt was nil till the wedding and family.
basicly in 04…

wifie got a decent job @ hsbc, bougt a new ION … we got married in april, wifie lost job
in june or something (pregnancy and ill all the time), I bought a house in september, daughter was born in october, car tuned out to be a lemon and was replaced with the RL vue in early 05.
the house was a big fixxer upper and spent way too much money at lowes and the depot.

so, now i work to pay others and no OT means no groceries…
BUT, she has finally stopped using damn credit cards.

shes going to be getting a p/t job in june…
her GD car payments are killing my sanity.
(to think i had a spare cavalier she could have used for free, had she learned to drive a 5-spd.)

life likes to happen to me all at once.

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:48,topic:39900"”]

[/quote]

Most will let you pick where your money is going (stocks bonds money market accounts etc…) You get a sheet of all the your possible investments and they show you their growth since inception, after a year, 5, years 10 years. You make decisions based on if you would like an aggressive account or something more stable but will probably yield less in the end.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:53,topic:39900"”]

Most will let you pick where your money is going (stocks bonds money market accounts etc…) You get a sheet of all the your possible investments and they show you their growth since inception, after a year, 5, years 10 years. You make decisions based on if you would like an aggressive account or something more stable but will probably yield less in the end.

[/quote]

Ok thanks thats what i figured it was like but ive never directly delt with a 401k. No tax breaks eh?

I was near 10K at one point…

but thanks to all that bought UBRF hoodies, I got bailed out :lol:

lol

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:54,topic:39900"”]

Ok thanks thats what i figured it was like but ive never directly delt with a 401k. No tax breaks eh?

[/quote]

As long as you don’t pull the money out before you’re 62 i believe its not taxed.

zero CC debt. noone wants to give me a credit card. my credit isnt up to par i guess. i wonder if thats gunna suddenly change now that im a home owner. :shrug:

[quote=“Toda Party,post:55,topic:39900"”]

I was near 10K at one point…

but thanks to all that bought UBRF hoodies, I got bailed out :lol:

[/quote]

lol

i thought that was your turbo fund?

[quote=“RobHimself,post:57,topic:39900"”]

As long as you don’t pull the money out before you’re 62 i believe its not taxed.

[/quote]

Really so you get to claim a tax break for the year contributed and the it comes out tax free? I though it was taxed upon withdrawl? If not then shit thats a deal and a half. Like i said im not up on 401k’s as i dont have one. Thanks