CD/Radio stopped working in my winter beater

yep thats your problem…yellow should always have power…red is gonna be on with the key off without like you said earlier

if you touched red and yellow to power and black to ground and nothing worked then the radio is screwed. or did u do this in the car with the car off?

I would take the radio right our of the car, use a car battery or power supply of some kind to test, do like I said before and you will know if its the car or radio

I did this by removing the head unit and running wires directly to the battery under the hood with the car off. Red and yellow went to the positive terminal…black to negative terminal. Regardless if the head unit is good or bad, should the yellow wire set off the test light? Like if the head unit wasn’t even plugged into the harness and I tested the yellow it should always triger the test light?

If the yellow wire on the harness is never getting power, what would cause that? Is it a problem with the car…or is it within the head unit itself?

Thanks btw for all the help so far.

yes, hence why its called “constant power”

if you had the yellow and the red wire DIRECTLY TO THE BATTERY ( ie: always getting power) and the black wire grounded, and the radio didn’t turn on, its fucked.

Got it.

Anyone have a cheapy cd playin’ head unit??? For the right price I may as well put it in…a functioning radio may make it easier to sell.

yea sounds like shes shot, but you have to fix that yellow wire. The yellow is a constant power wire. it does not turn off when the car is off. nothing will work in there without that mess sorted out. pull the wire from the stock side of the harness, and try the test light. You may get lucky and have a bad harness or something.