quick help w/ car audio

i have a little blue wire comming from the remote thing on the amp and im putting it into the stock head unit which wire do i splice into ???
this is fora 02 chevy malibu

ps : silverWS6 posting under macs name

im not sure about stock but you could just use the RED switched 12v wire from the back of the head unit! on most aftermarket HUs its the blue wire with white stripes!

this is into a stock head unit ! and there is no blue n white stripe wire

hey mike why dont you stop posting under my screename

i realize its the stock HU!

hey you can get a 12v switch wire at the ignition switch if you look behind the radio to your left ther is a harness and theres a green wire or pink wire you can use the wires are covered with black tape

from here
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=29241&PN=1&get=last

dont bother with that… you can actually use the radio fuse or any other switched 12v source inside the fuse box in the car. This is kinda the ghetto way to do it but it works.

not to mention it doesnt involve hacking into a stock wire harness

Hey clay hit me up ill walk you threw it. if not for a GM factory wire harness. your gonna need to do a slight T splice into the harness. the wire your looking for is going to be an orange wire. a yellow wire is constant and the orange one is switched. its been awhile if that isnt right then its reversed. but all of GM’s wires have been the same since back in the day

wow, all this just for a remote turn on wire for an amp. hehe.

Any 12v switched will work, theres hardly any draw at all, it just needs to see some voltage in order to tell the amp to turn on.

This reminds me of a funny sroty though. I was hooking up an amp in my buddys car one time, it was supposed to be me HELPING him, but i get over there and he ends up blabbing on the phone with some cunt for the first half of the install, then about halfway through tells me he has “more important shit to do, just go ahead and finish it up, ill be back in a few hours”.

So i hooked his remote turn on to his illumination wire so it would only work when he had his lights on. It was funny, you could spot him coming from a mile away in the daytime, cause he always had his headlights on. Stupid fuck.

Originally posted by Darkstar

Any 12v switched will work, theres hardly any draw at all, it just needs to see some voltage in order to tell the amp to turn on.

This reminds me of a funny sroty though. I was hooking up an amp in my buddys car one time, it was supposed to be me HELPING him, but i get over there and he ends up blabbing on the phone with some cunt for the first half of the install, then about halfway through tells me he has “more important shit to do, just go ahead and finish it up, ill be back in a few hours”.

So i hooked his remote turn on to his illumination wire so it would only work when he had his lights on. It was funny, you could spot him coming from a mile away in the daytime, cause he always had his headlights on. Stupid fuck.
:rofl: :ugh:

remote acc wires are tough to figure out… you could just tap it to lee86gt’s fender??? :dunno:

Originally posted by turbovw18
remote acc wires are tough to figure out… you could just tap it to lee86gt’s fender??? :dunno:
:rofl:

Originally posted by SleeperGTP
:rofl: :ugh:

fuck it. I was supposed to be helping HIM do it, and he sticks me with the whole job while he’s out trying to score some pie. The people in the know knew that i did it on purpose, and all the other fuckheads knew not to ask me to help them, because I was the one that “cant even wire up an amp”

hehe

that is so funny i was talkin to my buddy about wiring up turn signals to signal the opposite signals and also wiring up a horn to the brakes. thats always a classic one havent done that one but i have wired up right turn signals to the left turn signal possition. and vise vurse

whose car did you do this to?

i always wired the switch wire to the fuse box

got it to work at first i spliced into the fan switch on the heater controls and it would only turn on when i had the fan on 1-2-3-4 but not off or high :slight_smile: so i found a different wire and hooked it up and works great now. kinda funny /ghetto a malibu with bass no spinners though :frowning:
parents are going to drive there car dam the oldies station didnt use to sound like this :smiley:

Originally posted by Silver_WS6
got it to work at first i spliced into the fan switch on the heater controls and it would only turn on when i had the fan on 1-2-3-4 but not off or high :slight_smile: so i found a different wire and hooked it up and works great now. kinda funny /ghetto a malibu with bass no spinners though :frowning:
parents are going to drive there car dam the oldies station didnt use to sound like this :smiley:

:bigok: :cool:

the real question here is why the hell is this kid trying to run an amp through a stock head unit? Stock HU’s = teh ghey

How ghetto is it to be rollin around bumpin with your mad phat bumps with a stock head unit. :rofl: He should get a “Powered By AC DELCO” windshiled banner.

“Powered By AC DELCO” windshiled banner.

:bigok:

i had an extra amp n sub lying around and i cant sel it for anything more than 5 bucks so i might as well put it to use. plus i dont think the stock speakers could handle a 50 watt pioneer Hu lol