quick help w/ car audio

Originally posted by Darkstar
the real question here is why the hell is this kid trying to run an amp through a stock head unit? Stock HU’s = teh ghey

How ghetto is it to be rollin around bumpin with your mad phat bumps with a stock head unit. :rofl: He should get a “Powered By AC DELCO” windshiled banner.
if you have the right components after the radio. the radio doesnt make a difference besides just its controls. the only reason i replaced my stock radio is because i needed something that could switch over to a AUX setting so i could run an screen off of it. the biggest advantage of replace a stock head unit with an aftermarket one is the RCA output voltage. the higher the RCA output voltage the less distortion youll get with your amps. even with a head unit that has a decent output voltage its still ago idea to run another booster to increase the output of the RCA. The higher the volts the less distortion youll have cause you wont need to have your gains on your amps as high as you would with something that is producing less volts.

Originally posted by Quik
if you have the right components after the radio. the radio doesnt make a difference besides just its controls. .

nope sorry… incorrect.

new delco stock head units kick ass, stering wheel controls, automatic volume up and down with speed and noise, preset eq- no theives suspects shit.- i run david navone engineering line level convertors on 3 of my vehicles with stock head units and multiple amps with monstar bass.:bigthumb:

Originally posted by turbovw18
nope sorry… incorrect.
hahaha
:smiley:

Originally posted by Gnocide
new delco stock head units kick ass, stering wheel controls, automatic volume up and down with speed and noise, preset eq- no theives suspects shit.- i run david navone engineering line level convertors on 3 of my vehicles with stock head units and multiple amps with monstar bass.:bigthumb:

honestly if it wasnt fora mp3 player i have in the trans am i wouldve done the same. Stock monsoon sounds dam good !!!

nope sorry… incorrect.
:bsflag::bsflag: lets see if you can prove me wrong…come on and try ive been missing with stereos for 9 years now come on school me

Cutty’s systems are so great half the city is bumpin them in their rides. damn canadiens:mad:

Originally posted by Cutty
Cutty’s systems are so great half the city is bumpin them in their rides. damn canadiens:mad:
:owned:

Originally posted by Quik
:bsflag::bsflag: lets see if you can prove me wrong…come on and try ive been missing with stereos for 9 years now come on school me
rms output per speaker aftermarket > oem

rms output per speaker aftermarket > oem

who runs speakers off of the headunit anyways

I’d say up to a point the oem is just as good as aftermarket. But if you’re investing thousands of dollars into a perfect system, you may notice a difference between a good hu and an oem one. For normal people, you probably can’t hear a difference.

Originally posted by 2kaltima
I’d say up to a point the oem is just as good as aftermarket. But if you’re investing thousands of dollars into a perfect system, you may notice a difference between a good hu and an oem one. For normal people, you probably can’t hear a difference.
i think 100% opposite… no wait, let me take that back, i still think aftermarket > oem

now… as brought up, who runs speaks from HU? well, i do. now, if you don’t, then it wouldn’t make a difference… but you CAN’T tell me that any oem = any aftermarket…

i bought a 150 dollar HU cuz i really don’t give a fuck about systems anymore… however, it’s night and day compared to my UPGRADED OEM vw monsoon… so it’s my opinion that after > oem

i think 100% opposite… no wait, let me take that back, i still think aftermarket > oem

now… as brought up, who runs speaks from HU? well, i do. now, if you don’t, then it wouldn’t make a difference… but you CAN’T tell me that any oem = any aftermarket…

i bought a 150 dollar HU cuz i really don’t give a fuck about systems anymore… however, it’s night and day compared to my UPGRADED OEM vw monsoon… so it’s my opinion that after > oem

OK

when i was in high school I had 2 12’s with a amp and had them running off on the stock pos ford head unit. When i got a little money I got a nice pioneer hu and couldn’t tell a difference except for that I had an eq built into the radio.

:dunno: I hate dealing with car stereo shit anymore

OK

when i was in high school I had 2 12’s with a amp and had them running off on the stock pos ford head unit. When i got a little money I got a nice pioneer hu and couldn’t tell a difference except for that I had an eq built into the radio.

:dunno: I hate dealing with car stereo shit anymore

my bad… i’m not talking about subs… i’m talking about oem / aftermarket comp. speaks.

my bad… i’m not talking about subs… i’m talking about oem / aftermarket comp. speaks.

who knows?

I’m just giving my limited experience in the matter.

:bsflag:

There wasnt electricity back then…

IF YOU TALKING ABOUT JUST RUNING THRU THE FACTORY SPEAKER LEADS. THEN YES THE AFTERMARKET RADIO MAKES A DIFFERENCE. BUT WHEN YOU START TO USE PREAMPS,XOVERS, EQs, AMPS and etc. it doesnt make a difference. since you run all your speakers off of amps which are able to be xover to specific freq.s also with alot of factory setups they run thru their own amps.

in the end if you run everything to external power sources then the head unit doesnt make a difference.

Originally posted by Darkstar
:bsflag:

There wasnt electricity back then…
electricity isnt in vehicles:rolleyes:

:gives: :crying: :crying: :itr41: :itr41:

[i]Originally posted by slowcamaro [/i:gives: :crying: :crying: :itr41: :itr41:
STFU noob