installing head unit- the hard way.

essentially the previous owner of my truck fucked me over on the wiring for the radio. it’s completely ripped apart, so my new to me head unit has to be hard wired in. the problem is that the pink wire -the one that is constant 12 volt- is dead. no nothing. the switched 12v power is there, and the ground is good.
what kind of wire should i use, and where should i pull the power from to replace my constant 12v? this is the only hang up keeping me from installing this.

Connect it to the cig lighter wire

cig lighter is switched 12, i already tried that.

if you run a wire directly from the battery it might be constant 12v but im not sure :ponder

Some idiot hacked the wiring to shit in my old S10 and I had to run a wire to the battery for the stereo.

Check all the fuses. If the wires touched each other or ground it prob popped a fuse. If the wire is pink I’m assuming it is a gm. What year and model?

Nissan hardbody

Tap into the constant 12v that goes into the fuse box…

meatpawz was right. i had it backwards, i hadnt fucked with the radio wiring in probably a month. i had constant, not switched, so i ended up using the cig lighter’s switched 12v.

aaaand then, i murdered the passenger door speaker trying to see how loud it was.
fuck.

didnt know what size wire to use, didnt want to overload the stereo.

this is more or less exactly what the idiot PO did to mine.

checked everything before i started and /

Ive got a 10" sub that’s yours if you want it. It works fine but I haven’t used it since I had my s10

single cab, probably wouldnt fit.

unless i put buckets in it and stick it in the middle.

how much pjb?

Did you ever check through the fuses to see if it was just a bad fuse???

first thing i did before fucking with wires.

lighter and radio were both popped, changed them, then got reading.

You can have it but you have to come get it.

I had it in both of my regular cab S10’s, you just need a slim box.

Make your own box. And i have some 5 1/2 speakers kicking around if you want them. You just have to come get them. Nothing special but they work pretty good

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

i’ll come get it, address?

address?

Youll need a soldering iron to attach the leads to some wire. Cant find the little oem plugs

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

nbd, just bought one the other day at radioshack JIC haha.

thanks guys.