350z headunit wiring

Ive tried for 2 hours and im getting pissed now. Ive looked everywhere for a wiring diagram, and I was about 99% sure I hooked everything up properly. Its all color coated for christ sake. There was a pioneer headunit in there before and I pulled it out in favor of a newer sony one. Is there a trick to doing one of these with this car that Im not aware of?

I hope you used a wiring harness and didn’t hack everything.

tell me you didnt cut off the big plastic clip ^^ what he said.

If you did, your so fucked and now it has to go to a real shop.

If you didnt and are using a wiring harness you got from said car audio place. Its 11 wires and your retarded if you cant figure this out.

Oh, Connect the yellow and red together :slight_smile:

there was a wire harness hooked into the pioneer headunit when I pulled it out. Im just trying to connect the wires and yes…I feel retarded.

Yes, you cut the clip.

AND

Yes, you are retarded.

Any retard with half a brain knows to buy a wiring harness specific to the vehicle…:bloated:

EDIT: You replaced a deck with a SONY ONE??? FUCK.

wow you guys are all cock suckers. I asked for fuckin help, not asked to get ripped on. I bought the god damn car that already had a headunit in it. And the last 3 I installed went fine doing it by the same method.

ugh i was being too harsh sorry. Did you cut the factory clip?

If an aftermarket deck was already in there… I guess I don’t see the problem…

it’s okay, dont feel stupid

i drove around for 2weeks with no radio because i couldnt get my stock one to connect to my harness clip
then i realized i was trying to connect it to an aftermarket harness, and i then unplugged that harness, and plugged it into the stock one.

then i picarded myself,

but you seem dumber than me, good luck sir.

I hate sony headunits, and if you didn’t get a clip for your SPECIFIC CAR like everyone else said your fucked.

jesus christ. fuck it, ill figure it out.

Dude, I asked you a question… Did you cut the factory clip?

You made a post about not being able to wire a headunit… what did you expect?

are u trying to plug the sony harness into the pioneer harness, which is plugged into the stock harness? u have to remove the pioneer harness, and then connect the sony one. there should only be one connection clip coming from the car

I did not cut the factory clip. I didnt cut anything. I just took the clip off the old pioneer headunit, and unwired it. That is all.

And when I wired yellow to red, the headunit actually made a noise like it wanted to start, but no display.

I didnt change the harness because I thought it would work. I dont know shit about car stereo, thats why Im asking. I was never mr cool rollin around with sub woofers, 800w amps, and fly headunits, thinkin I was all that so its never something I learned.

So go buy a new harness and rewire it then?

yeah the sony harness should just clip one end into the deck, and the other end should just clip into the factory clip

Get a headunit wiring harness. Wire it together like you’re supposed to. Plug in to aftermarket headunit. If it doesn’t work then stick in a different head unit to see if your headunit is fucked.

If original owner cut the factory harness, he’s stupid and you’re fucked.

If you don’t know what the fuck you are doing then PM me and I’ll help.

Post pictures so people can help instead of calling you an idiot.

edit: You may need an antenna adaptor if you want to listen to the radio.

Im going to best buy monday after class to buy the proper harness and then it should actually work. No time to do it before then. Thanks to those of you with serious answers. Ill post back monday when I get the proper stuff to do the job.