Cedar Point review

just cuz i know some people on here are also planning trips there, this might help them…i found out through legwork what deals were out there so this might save others some time.

ok so obviously the place rules. they have at least a full days worth of entertainment/excitement that would most likely be more comfortably spread over a span of 2 days.

looking for a place to stay i was having to make the decision of staying within the parks limits and saving on other perks, or moving out to a hotel nearby, and having to give up some. what i decided to do was in my mind the best option. after calling the park and getting no real help or info about where to stay or how to save (big surprise there) i called AAA. unfortunately AAA has very little savings benefits if you want to get the perks the park offers. but, i did get some info about calling the local area visitors guide.

aftyer calling them i found out there are other cottages and private condos available to rent, that are within park limits and therefore would provide perks. the most notable ones i had access to were:

earlier park admission
discounted admission tix

my goal for this trip was to ride every single coaster they had. i was told this was immpossible. getting the early admission helped this, and it would have been even more helpful had i arrived sooner. early admission is 9 am and i got in at 9:30 due to unseen circ.

had i gotten in at 9 i would have gone and rode a coaster that was open but hadnt developed a line (the most popular ones have an hour line even though the people have gotten in early) and then gone to the coaster that had a line of other people who had early admission. most people could prolly care less about riding every coaster so thats all i will say about that.

top thrill dragster. ride it first. try and ride it again. we waited 30 min in line and thats the last time that line sees a 30 min wait till the next day. because it is easily the most exciting ride in the park. look it up

millenium force is next, then something i keep calling the twisted sister but i am actually too lazy to google what the real name is. something like the wicked twist. after that there is a toss-up for best, and it isnt between coasters. there is a ride called the sky hawk as well as one called the maxair. both make you question life choices without having to wait in line for the typical coasters.

the new coaster called the maverick had a huge line cuz it was new. and even though it was fun, it was only due to the fact it was a slight variation of what normal coasters can do. exciting but maybe not worth the 2 hours we waited in line.

DO NOT ride the mean streak. your kidneys will thank you. and so will your vertabrea (sp?)

what i did to save on costs of food/drink in the park was simply pack the back of my truck with ice since it has a built in cooler, and keep subway/powerade/whatever cold while we enjoyed the park. this was huge imo and a main reason i wouldnt stay in the hotels IN the park as opposed to being slightly outside and paying 10.00 for parking.

after a long day with one rest we hit every coaster plus one water ride and some other misc stuff, and made it out of the park at a little under the 12 hour mark. there was one hour to spare and if i had decided to stay i would have ridden the top thrill dragster again. easy decision.

i ended up staying in the A-frame cottages located right on the water. each is a 2 bdr unit with full kitchen minus microwave, one bath and private patio overlooking the water. they are dated but clean and private which was a huge plus. you could EASILY fit 6 people in this thing, sleeping 5 comfortably and the 6th would have to bring a sleeping bag (not a big deal imo). you can book these through a cedar point affiliated hotel called the breakers express.

total cost to me for 2 people parking, admission and accomodations was $400, with tax, not including food or drink. the drive down took me 4.5 hours because i didnt have to be there in any rush and enjoyed taking a scenic route. drive home was 3.5…90 east all the way.

hope this helps some peeps. i will be going again in august for the same friday to sunday treatment so if anyone has additional tips i figure they can post here

:tup: good review and tips. I will def. look this up again when we go

glad you had fun you giant vajayjay. maybe next time we get a group of us eh? :hay:

the mean streak rocks…

:word: i love that coaster

The raptor, the green one in the middle is fantastic. havent been there in a few years

went there for my sernior trip. it was amazing :tup:

Cool, we’re goin in a few weeks should be cool. I wanna do alot of the water park vs coasters. besides coasters what other rides are worthy of waiting for?

tea cups

Were you there on the weekend? We were thinking about going down there in the middle of the week hoping it wouldn’t be as busy.

To me it kind of ruins the fun of a roller coaster when you stand in line for an hour to ride it.

DEFINITELY go down during the week, weekends are insane at CP

we should get a nyspeed trip there

i just went to cedar point this weekend / end of last week.

the g/f and i stayed at the hotel breakers - right on the beach. beach view and pool views. there’s an old part of the hotel (built in 1905) and also a few new parts. we were in the older part, 3rd floor, great view, good service, ok room but not like it mattered though.

we got there at about 10 am on thursday, checked in, spent the day at the park and left at about 10:30. same deal on friday, were there from about 9:30 until 9:30. prolly made a trip or 2 back and forth to the hotel during the day. (it was about a 3 minute walk from the back entrance of the park). saturday we checked out but spent most of the day on the beach.

the rides are of course what you go for… i would say it was about a ~40 minute wait for the raptor, millenium force, maverick, and dragster. we walked onto the mean streak, blue streak, gemini, wicked twister, sky hawk, max air, demon drop, corkscrew, magnum xl, disaster transport, iron dragon, sky ride, ferris wheel, and power tower all in 10 mins or less - some there was no wait at all. make sure you hit all the rides that you can, they’re all unique.

definitely try to hit the dragster in the daytime (for the view) and in the night (its sweet as hell). millenium force is great during the day, the big drop is right next to the water. along with the ride photos that they take on most of them - the raptor now takes full ride videos of you, which is pretty cool. and dont be a pussy, make sure your hands are up on all rides. the 10 pm nighttime show is gay, only do it if youre with a girl and need a reason to try and get some afterwards… the other park shows are cool and worth a viewing.

the hotel opens up to the beach, which was nice. the water isnt really clean, but whatever - it does the job. okay food in the hotel (fridays, italian, pizza, deli, old school ice cream/sundaes). mini golf, go karts, arcade, lots of other shit to waste time and money.

leaving for cedar point tomorow morning…

if you plan on going to cedar point for a day and aren’t going to buy a season pass, you can buy tickets cheaper than what the park sells at Meijer. Meijer is like Sandusy’s version of Walmart. you’d just have to search for their locations online

Last time we went, we hit all the rides too :slight_smile: Awesome park, great fun!

We too did the early admission and stayed at one of the hotels.

As for your “Dont ride the Mean Streak” you have to NOT hold on, and just let the ride take you for a spin :slight_smile: You are SUPPOSED to be free inside of a wooden coaster! Holding on or tensing up, you will get Fucked Up :slight_smile:

The mean streak is awesome if you sit all the way in the back. You are held in by just the bar most of the time and its a TON of fun!

I hope to go back this year, but probably wont. Most definitely next year tho… and I’ll try the cottages on the water! Thanks for the tip!