Cedar Point-been there?

Hey who’s been there. Pro’s and cons? Planning on a trip there later this summer. Wanna stay at “breakers” hotel or the other “resort” that is on the grounds. We’ve never been there and are curious if anyone has ever stayed at either of the hotels on the grounds and if theyre worth it.

been there.

my suggestion is, try to go there early in morning and ride the “dragster” FIRST…ride it more than once if you can…

the line for that ride is just unbelievable…

i stayed on a motel about the distance between UB north campus and walden galleria…not too bad…good price though.

i was there right before they added the top fuel dragster. it was still fun, they had the skycoaster, a bunch of wooden coasters, and I unfortunately didn’t get the chance to check out the waterpark.

def a fun park

Im all about the water park im terrified of coasters so i dont think ill be on them much if at all, yep im a pussy.

I went back in '01(?) Had a blast, I’ve been meaning to go back.

I went in 05&06 amazing place. I’ll be going out again here in a few weeks.

It’s like 40-50 for the day, but it is worth every penny. Even in the middle of summer I think the longest we waited for any ride was maybe 40 minutes? And the lines have alot of people, so even at 40 minutes its constantly moving and feels more like 10 minutes.

Then there are a lot of rides that were no wait time at all which kicked ass.

Go and enjoy it, if you can get a hotel and go twice, thats what we usually do.

Awesome place. I take the kids there once a summer. Theres a hotel right at the end of the causway going to cedar point, for the life of me cant think of the name ok place and like 109 a night

We usually stay like 5 miles away and its about 75/night, of course we piled like 8 people per room so it was less than 10 lol.

Definitly an AWESOME place to visit. I went in the summer of '05. We only went for 1 day and didn’t get to see half of what I would have liked to. Def an awesome park and worth every penny. The Top thrill dragster and the millenium force were sweet.

very cool, I was there in 81…

Me 2, I traveled back in time 3 years just to go. Remember? :slight_smile:

no chit that was you

^^ Word, I was the one who wore the tshirt…

I went a while ago, awesome park. It’s best to spend a day at the water park and a second day just riding the coasters. You still won’t see everything.

Too bad you don’t like coasters because they have some of the best.
I loved the Magnum…I’m sure they have better stuff now. That was back in 1994.

last time i went was in the summer of 04’ and the dragster was closed so i have yet to get on it… the park usually takes us a good 2 days to actually do everything. cedar point rocks hard, i cant wait to go back :tup:

great place with awesome coasters. the dragster was the only coaster i have been scared to ride but i ended up goin on it and it was worth it. we got throught the park in one day but we got there when it opened and stayed till it closed

Go EARLY.

Then ride every rollercoaster at least three times.

Do not eat big meals between rides.

:tup: :tup:

Staying at Breakers is definitely a great idea, its a lot more money than the off-site hotels, but being able to walk to your hotel room right in the park is key. The other on-site one, Sandals?, is newer, but is farther away from everything than Breakers is.

i agree, stay at breakers or the sandcastle suites if you can afford it. all of the other hotels/motels in the area don’t offer anything special, and they overcharge. it’s best to be right next to the park.

you can get discount “packages” for these hotels and CP, but they really don’t save you much. better off just booking a couple days at the hotel, then getting discount park tickets… (wegmans has them, tops maybe, im sure a few more places).

you HAVE to ride the coasters at CP, its the reason for going. when i was there in the summer of 05, the longest waits were for the dragster and millenium, both about 45-50 mins… not bad at all. like people said, many of the rides you could walk right on. spent about a day and a half doing everything at the park - WELL WORTH the money.

my only gripe was… the games are a complete rip off. everyone is twice as hard as most fair/carnival games, and 3x as hard as darien’s games. very aggravating… yet i still dropped $ 45 winning some dumpy little snoopys. lol