cell phone peeps

anyone work or know things about cell phones for kids.

i was thinking of getting to my son. but i really dont like the pre paid idea. . know cingular has a firefly. any advice i will apreciate other than dont get a 11 yr old a phone. there is a reason and i dont want to put it all olut on the interent

i also know someone i think works for cricket. so let me know anything thanks

theres a special at cricket right now…unlimited local, unlimited text and voicemail for 30.00 a month. if u go to the store tomorrow u get the first 2 months free and free activation. 2 months free is tomorrow only (friday), but normally is first month free. not sure what deals are on the phones (i dont work in the store anymore, im at the office) but i think a few mail in rebates. if you are only doing 1 line, you gotta do auto bill pay to get the $30 holiday plan, but the plan will stay that way forever, not just a few months, as long as you dont change it. hope this helps! if you got any questions, let me know!

edit: the two months free is for an add a line. sorry, i fucked up. what a good sales person i am! LOL

your boy in a phone

oh deer lord he talks to much as it is!!!

:nuts: def go with something that has unlimited that boy will rack up min like no bodys bussiness

I was thinking of getting the wirefly since you can lock out all numbers but the ones i programed

Just get an apple and some string and gag him

LG Migo perfect for ya ( if you have verizon already)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=2060

Migo from Verizon Wireless is a kid-friendly wireless phone that lets parents and kids stay in touch. It’s fun for them, and added peace of mind for you. The Migo phone has a simplified keypad that allows you to program in 4 numbers, an incredible speakerphone and a dedicated emergency key. And with Chaperonesm, you can use your handset or PC to locate your child’s Migo. This is the perfect phone to keep kids and parents connected

i just saw a commercial for a disney wireless company. it looked very similar to what 1sloRT is talking about.
i think it also offered some sort of gps feature that allowed you to log onto the internet and see where the phone, and presumably your child, is located.

Heck yea, have you seen that episode of Hogan Knows Best where the Hulkster e-stalks his daughter on a date using live GPS mapping. Its pretty werd technology, i guess.

i think nextel does it for businesses and their salesman too. i guess its a good idea. its good to know where your kids are… and your employees i guess. maybe that’s another company you could check into if that’s a feature you like.

I think that is the best idea for a kids phone, that and being able to only call the numbers programmed into the phone and like 911 …thing is that half the time, the kids can work them better than the parents and can probably reprogram the numbers LOL

sprint family locator
http://www2.sprint.com/mr/cda_pkDetail.do?id=1220

verizon Chaperone service
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/chaperone/index.jsp

you can find your kids/family members location on a PC or from your phone.

as far as kid phones that only have like 5 buttons… 911 & 4 other speed dials…they are the LG mingo(verizion) & the firefly (cingular)
the pre-paid kid phone is the enfora tictalk

there is also the wherify phone…works on cingular or t-moblie…but you dont have to be a customer…jsut buy the phone @ toysR-us & i think it works like a pre-paid…but its upside is you can track on a website or your SMS enabled phone unlike other pre-paid phones…also has more speed dials then some on the competitors.