want a new cell phone

ok i want a new cell phone my mom is being totally gay about our family plan shit i want my own… i was thinking sprint cause they have an umlimited text messaging plan and i do alot of that

anybody haveany recomendations??? what carrier… what kind of plan etc

let me know

Thanks

you will get verizon humpers x13205264306342692362 here.
all i can say is, try your friends phones with each carrier in the places you want to use it most, and do research on plans for what specials are on.
you’ll prob get a better deal though if you can wait til after thanksgiving for the holiday stuff, i dont know how pressing it is to you.
Personally i would put my cingular service against any other competitor in the area, especially with the nokia smartphone i have.

Most carriers have/will be offering an unlimited txt plan soon

go to amazon.com and search for the new blackberry 7100. through them with cingular its free :wink:

Train of thought when looking for a cell phone plan :

1. How much do I travel? And when I do travel is it only to big cities or small little ones too?

2. The people I normally talk to : what service are they on?

3. Does this carrier work in my house?

4. How much do I want to spend?

That being said, I have verizon. I’ve had it since 1999. There is a reason why I still have it. I hump Verizon because you know what? It fucking works. Every-fucking-where.

It’s more expensive. The plans kinda suck. The fuck you with text messaging if you don’t buy a text plan. They charge you the most for data. Their nights start late.

But they fucking work.

Everywhere.

Their customer service has always kicked ass also.

But if you don’t travel as much as I do, any phone that works where you are the majority of the time will suffice.

Sprint and nextel now joined forces, and now sprint users can take advantage of the free incoming calls that nextel had.

Sprint also offers a very decent amount of minutes for a very decent price. Their customer service (from what I have gathered from MANY people) sucks.

T-mobile gives you an ASSLOAD of minutes - but their service is no doubt their shortcoming.

Cingular - now, there are two types of phones on cingular. GSM, which is the newer shit, and TDMA. Their TDMA coverage is pretty damn good. Not as good as Verizon’s coverage, but better than any other carrier around here (as of 3-4 years ago). Their new GSM coverage is better than T-mobiles, but still sorta sucks. I mean, if it works where you are, then hey, it works.

My advice - buy a couple pre-paid phones. See if they work in your area. Or borrow prepaid phones from people. Or have your friend hang out with you where you are most of the time and see how that phone works.

Remember : Not only are you choosing a phone, you’re choosing a service.

Who gives a fuck if your phone looks cool - if you are stuck on the side of the 90 on the way to Erie PA and your phone flashes “no signal” you’re fucked.

^^ good info.

i think verizon gives howie free service to suck them off

i agree with howie. verizon for top notch coverage.

sprint now offers unlimited roaming for free, so its close to verizons coverage.

they also have flexible plans for people who dont use a lot of minutes or people who change useage from month to month.

all out though, if u can get approved, verizon is your best bet for a PHONE

go see evolve for a phone.

:tup:

btw sprint > verizon :stuck_out_tongue:

howie is a little out of date on cingular though, its now more like the other way around. Every tower cingular has now, both the old AT&T and original cingular towers, are GSM. Most are TDMA also, but they are dropping TDMA towers every day to give more GSM coverage.
anyway, whatever works for you

I say verizon for a few reasons, one, i fucking love motorola phones and the v710 is the shit, in my opinion. Secondly, ur gonna be really pissed with shitty customer service, i work in customer service and i find it very important, or maybe im just bitchy. Thirdly verizon has never let me down as far as getting service goes