Celtic1982citleC's

When I parted ways with the Evo, I wanted something a bit less knife-edge and a little more refined. STI build quality is defenitely a notch above the Evo, but what you gain in quality you lose in easy modification to go fast. The Evo can be made a sub 12 second car for 1-2,000 in total on the stock 16g. The STI seems like a substantially greater challenge seeing as how the engine is very unaccessable for head work and the likes. However, I have been blueprinting for project daily driver sub 12s stock vf39 STI and here’s what is happening.

-Intake
**(APS 65mm CAI, APS Turbo Inlet)
-Catless Turbo-back Exhaust
**(Invidia Divorced Catless Downpipe, Invidia G200 cat-back)
-Header
**(Perrin Equal Length)
-Chemical Intercooling
**(Labonte Motorsports - ISG-10 - Alcohol Injection System Gasoline Engines Injection Controller: VCS3G)
-Fuel Pump
**(Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump)
-Fuel Injectors
**(Deatch Work 740cc Side Feed)
-TGV Delete
**(Custom delete by Adam Hennessy)
-Suspension
**(SPT front strut tower brace, Tein Basic coilovers, Buddy Club 18" SF wheels, Hankook 225/40/18 tires, H&R camber bolts)
-Race Gas
**(Torco)
-Misc & Bling-a-tron
**(APS dual vent bov, Defi gauge hood, Defi boost/oil pressure/egt gauges, SubieGal gauge pod, Innovate wideband with db gauge, STI Spec C tank for WAI, STI Limited front lip spoiler, SPT turbo heat shield, SPT radiator shroud, SPT oil cap, SPT battery tie down, JDM STI radiator cap, JDM STI intercooler coupler)
-Pro Tune
**(Seth at Moon Performance in Lake Placid, NY - http://www.moonperformance.com )

• = Planned Mod
    ** = Finalized or Purchased Mod
    X = Installed

As a base for this project, here is what the car ran consistently this year with me driving. Car is 100% stock on stock wheels and tires. 4k roughly on the odometer.

60’ 1.853
330’ 5.477
1/8 8.501
1/8 mph 81.48
1000’ 11.104
1/4 13.315
1/4 mph 102.18

Stock dyno plot…no correction no smoothing…230whp 235wtq…Moon Performance - Mustang Dyne

http://media.twango.com/m1/large/0108/0181943a671744edbd7db4300fb83f4f.jpg

Good to see you. Your EVO was one of the cleanest ones I ever seen. Too many doors tho. :slight_smile:

:lol

Welcome Justin, I knew you’d come around :slight_smile:

I’d say pics or ban, but I’ll take care of it

In action.

one of my friends i used to work with has a 02’. i love the sound better then any other car the exhaust puts out (other than my friends gen 2 supra). if you ever see it around, it in rotterdam, subaru blue with white rims, wrx wing ( not |**|) . nice car.

Are you talking about Brian Severino? Works at Wal Mart?

EvoWiperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lol ya, i used to work there. i love his subie

Well this didnt take long! It’s the cycle of Justin. ;D

ive always been a fan of the sti…can beat the way they sound :lol…but nice car and spring time hopefully i get to see it out and about

Can’t beat the way they sound? I can name many cars that sound better. No offense STi owners. :slight_smile:

welcome justin its peter oh and… any update on the TDI arrival to ny?

Parts list updated.

Hi Peter! Fall of 08 is still the scheduled arrival date for the Jetta TDI and Jetta TDI SportWagon

I don’t really like the stock subaru sound all that much. All I hear is strong pulse reversion and backpressure. It may be growly but that means some cylinders are paying for it more than the others are.

Glad you’re enjoying your STi, justin. Can’t see how the STi is slower than the EVO when it’s 1/2 a liter up on displacement.
It’s not as flexible a motor as the 4G63, but damned if it doesn’t have a nice powerband. If you’re worried about ‘accessibility’ for headwork, stop worrying. You can have that motor out of the car and on a stand in an hour if you’re competent. Welcome to the upside of subaru ownership.

I love the little parts list diagram. Very unique and easy to read.

All parts…plus some extras…have been purchased. Estimated install probably late Feb to early Mar.

BoxerSix has had the STI for a few days now and the install is in full swing. I’ll post updates as we go…slated to pick the car up Friday and drive up to Moon for a full weekend of tuning. Here’s to going fast :banana

Congrats, sounds like it’ll be coming along really nicely. :thumb

Mass produced aftermarket subaru parts and the companies that made them can suck my dick. That is all, for now.

Okay, maybe not so nicely.

I agree with that, many popular sti parts seem to either fit poorly or be terrible quality for the dollars spent…or both.