Certification

wut up guys, i have a question, i picked up the 240 last week from a small dealer and it was certified and everything, 2 days ago i noticed that there was a hole in the frame with rust which i havent seen before, does this need to be passed for certification? and also if it doesnt steer straight? if not im guna go fight this and tell him to get everything properly fixed cause its bullshit and i dont wana go spend money on stupid things like this, thanks in advance:D

as long as you cover the hole up ull pass thats what they told me along time ago… dunno if they check it for sure… if anything contact our affiliate ART autobody and they will do it for a reasonable price :slight_smile:

ya but i dont want to spend money here if i dont have to they should take care of the problem, im going to go take a pic of it right now and post it up and u’ll be the judge of this

and im not talking about no small hole this is a fucking big one, i didnt notice it and i inspected the frame carefully, mayb they put a patch and fell off when i was driving it? just got a pic its a biggie :frowning:

any input on this?

holly shit batman… um ok well check out the art bodyshop and ask them if they can fix that baby up… wow its huge… hope you dont fall threw the hole :frowning: but its fixable shouldent cost to much. around 4 bills. :slight_smile: call them up and ask. if anything say u heard it on our site theywill give u a better deal :slight_smile: chers.

this happens to almost EVERY s13 on the market… and that has to have some serious work done to it i.e it needs either, new frame sections welded in, or, it needs to be patched. thats a nasty hole. who ever sold that to you, kick them in the crotch, because it will NEVER EVER Certify like that… trust me i know… i’m a certified welder… and i own three s13’s… to have this fixed PROPERLY, and assuming this is the only hole, be prepared to spend about 3 bills… if its both frame raills… maybe 5 bills… if you have the floors rotted out behind the front seats (like sooo many of them do) be prepard for a 700$ bill… its expensive, but you get what you pay for. i see a lot of shops do this for like 100-200$ and 99% of the time its absolute crap and needs to be re-done… i used to fix frames for people, but i stopped because people want a 10$ patch and no quality work.

ye exactly like thats the only one i know of , im going to bring it to my work , colombo chrysler get it on a hoist and see what else there is, sat im going and im goin to tell them to fix everything, because i just got my certification for my other car (camaro) and the back of the sheet has like a list of things that need to be certified and frame/sheet metal is one of them but theres no way in hell im paying for this

it’s a 20+ year old car, you should expect this to be there more often then not, also that hole is pretty much a trade mark, along with rocker panel rot… Caveat emptor in this case. Suck it up and patch it or go to Nissan and get the replacement rails… Chances are you’ll be finding more rot when and if you decide to lift the carpet…

bud wtf are u talking about if its part of safety then they must fix it i already posted this, why should i pay when the job wasnt done properly if i fight this and lose i will obviosly get it taken care of, but why should i if i dont have to , im not sayin the car is going to be in the best shape but if stuff like that is part of safety they should take care of the problem

LOL, yeah sure… I’ve rarely ever seen anyone put out of pocket to repair that kind of damage for a few $1000 car… that they could get cert on without fixing it. Common… you think some piddily wee used car dealership is actually going to kill any profit it could make by doing this repair?? hello clue?

You really have no recourse on this, you’ve got a cert. If you decide to take it back or call the MTO or whomever, then your cert will be revoked and you’ve still got to repair it anyway… and pay for a new cert… that’s smart.

Seriously,Good luck getting anywhere with this. They will look at you and politely tell ou to get stuffed, that’s reality. Buying a used car in Toronto, esp. a 240, you’d better have your A game on and get ALL the angles before you sign on the doted line.

Crying about it now is going to do nothing and get you nothing, man up and just fix it.

update: as u guys know i had a little situation with the hole in the frame rail and i fought it and i won, its going in the body shop 2mo and its going to be fixed properly , came out to $450 to fix it i aint paying for it tho :smiley:

and to ‘‘Sento jidosha’’ your not all that smart eh are you, always fight something even if its not worth it to , i thought they werent going to do it but i came up with some bullshit and they did

I guess your better at bull shitting then I am… or ever choose to be. Something on your part to be proud of I’m sure…

your not all that smart eh are you

the irony of it all… brilliant syntax on your part… ":::