Chads 2.5v6 mx3

Well i guess its time i get to writing a worklog on this car. I bought this car last fall for 700 dollars. It was filthy on the outside, hadnt been inspected since 2003 and it looks like that was the last time it was washed. It had no engine inside no interior installed just a bunch of random crap in the inside but came with (2) 1.8v6 and a tranny with 6k on the Full rebuild topped off with a new clutch. and also a KLZE… I Sold the klze to a friend , a fellow member on the forum who helps me with most of my work, he is going to be doing a klze turbo 323. here is how she looked when i picked her up.

here are some pics of The teardown and cleaning of the interior…

and here is the engine bay teardown…

and here she is the engine bay painted…

looking good.

Fuck ya, nice looking color. Good project.

would be nice to see you quit messing with these mx3’s and get crackin on that miata! Looks much better though, dave did a nice job spraying it

Nice. What did you use to prep the engine bay? Spray it with degreaser, wash down, then spray…?

http://i41.tinypic.com/savc45.jpg
^Wait wat…Choko got a vette? What happened to the S-10 build?

yup

always strangely liked these things…my brohter had a 94 back when iwas like 12

S-10 build? You’re a couple years late on that one :lol:

picked up some wheels today

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/cstott282/mx3%20build/2654.jpg

i like this one :tup: keep this updated

S10 is like six cars ago.

So if you sold the KLZE to your friend is the usdm 2.5 going into this car?

Nice project. Looks to be coming along nicely. :tup:

Nice work Alltel guy :slight_smile:

thanks guys, yeah im just doing the USDM 2.5 … i still have the ZE high comp pistons (10.1) but they wont be going in this engine i will prob just sell them. im not looking for tons of power i just want a decent daily. so i dont feel i have to rush my miata build

Well finally have some updates for this thing…

got all the bodywork done…

pulling her into my tiny little garage haha

all taped off

during spray

and pulled her out…

and here are the little guys that pushed the air haha

the hood fenders hatch and other misc. parts will be painted tomorrow. This weekend the exterior should be all ready to go together, and then its time to throw the interior and engine in.

Passenger side front snow tire is on the wrong wheel. Looks like a pretty good paint job.

haha good eye… yeah we didnt really care we just threw 4 tires on it so we could roll it out from the garage.

Nice work, I really like that color and should look awesome with the gold meshies