Challenger SRT will MSRP $40,095

Those srt8’s chargers are fun, my buddy just sold his yellow one.

[quote=“BigRon,post:18,topic:39538"”]

Crappy phone pics of the production version

[/quote]

sorry to bust your bubble, but thats a camaro, with chrysler badges

usdm = fal

[quote=“hummingbird,post:22,topic:39538"”]

sorry to bust your bubble, but thats a camaro, with chrysler badges

usdm = fal

[/quote]

What??!?:bloated:

I don’t think so, those cell phone pics are definitely pics of the new Challenger. Unless you are trying to say that Chrysler copied the design. I’m pretty sure that GM and Chrysler debuted the cars at the same time at the car shows about 2 years ago.

Here’s what I said about the Camaro. The same thing applies to the Challenger.

too expensive. another old man’s car like the vette. $28-42k for an SS or $39-45k for a Z is too much.

If they made one available with v8 power and no options (crank windows, manual locks, no air, no cruise, etc.) and made it cheap (like $20,000) I’d be all over because that’s what a ponycar is and that’s what the Camaro was.

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:16,topic:39538"”]

umm…what company uses a 2 door for a fleet car?

[/quote]

…oh, right.

Kinda like how new V6 mustangs don’t sell, right?

I dig it… just wish it was in the low 30’s range and I’d be in line to buy one

40 seems great for this car. I would have no problem with what I received in return for 40k.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:26,topic:39538"”]

…oh, right.

Kinda like how new V6 mustangs don’t sell, right?

[/quote]

I didn’t say they don’t sell, I was just wondering who used them for a fleet car?

Assuming you meant a company did, not a wide spread public car. I may have interpreted it wrongly thats why I asked. No need to get grouchy. Plus V6 sports cars are gay :frowning: lol

I still want one.

secks

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:29,topic:39538"”]

I didn’t say they don’t sell, I was just wondering who used them for a fleet car?

[/quote]

Rental car companies?

This will sell and I can’t wait to see them on the streets.

I like it. I don’t like it as much for $40,000.

Why do people think its so outrageously priced?

It’s what cars go for now a days.

[quote=“brendansi,post:35,topic:39538"”]

Why do people think its so outrageously priced?

It’s what cars go for now a days.

[/quote]

Lots of common parts, shouldn’t be much more than a V8 Charger. I don’t like the idea of a Mexican engine. Same problem as the Aussie built GTO, it just kind of kills the authenticity. All this shit about the rich history of the 392 in Chrysler’s marketing, and the bastards don’t say anything in the TV commercials about the engine being built in Saltillo. Nor do they mention the 250 person layoff at the Detroit Engine Plant earlier this year.

If I remember the new Camaro is being built in Canada, correct?

That’s almost as bad. At least the US OEM’s were sourcing to Canada then. Canada is getting costly with the currency exchange now. My point is I don’t like all the heritage/it is what is was bullshit marketing. It should be a fun time to drive either way.

[quote=“BrockwayMT,post:38,topic:39538"”]

That’s almost as bad. At least the US OEM’s were sourcing to Canada then. Canada is getting costly with the currency exchange now. My point is I don’t like all the heritage/it is what is was bullshit marketing. It should be a fun time to drive either way.

[/quote]

How do you think I feel? Repro parts for my 69 Camaro come from China and Japan. Unless I want to pay $140 for a wing nut that is NOS, I have no alternative. Just the way it is nowadays.

It would be cool to see a stripped down version with the SRT8 motor.