Champ Car Driver Hospitalized after On Track Deer Collision

From the “you can’t make this shit up” file.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/racing/08/03/damatta.crash.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

…Champ Car driver Cristiano da Matta needed surgery to remove a ruptured blood vessel in his head after his race car collided with a deer that wandered onto the track during a test session at Road America on Thursday…

Stupid Deer!

LIKE THE RABBIT AT TMP

ICU:eek:

c’mon with all the technoology in these cars, and they can’t run one of these…

http://shop.com.edgesuite.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/210000/210900/210906/Products/7065095.jpg

Anybody have facts if these actually work. My dad use to have them in chrome, but he was a ricer.

Deer whistles sort of work…and only one of hte 2 in those packs is an actual working whistle…the other is for symmetry. LOUD NOISES!!! scare deer away generally speaking.

I put a set of those whistles on my car and the deer were running toward my car!!!
It turns out I put them on backwards.

no vid, no care. :tdown: to not showing carnage.

I cought a snippet of that earlier today, i thought he was in an actual car. that had to be some crazy shit!

My uncle, who drives up in deer country where you’re orginally from a lot, put a set on his truck. He said multiple times he saw deer walking toward the road stop in their tracks and stare at his truck, something he never saw before putting them on. So they can definitely hear it.

And I’m guessing video of this crash will pop up eventually. I checked youtube, nothing yet.

Although I hope for the best for de Matta, it would have been funnier if he had hit an Elk, considering where they’re racing this weekend. Then again, if it was an Elk instead of a deer, I’m sure de Matta would be dead instead of in ICU.

I wonder how well those deer whistles work at 200mph… :lol:

Would probably start ATTRACTING dogs…

i wish him the best. he is a great driver.

i dont think they work @ 200+ mph… and on a side note if there where any rednecks there like nascar that thing woulf have NEVER made it close to the track… DAM PETA