Deer slams into the side of the truck..

Tonight on the way home from racing in ohio my dad was riding in his friends truck and a deer slammed into the side of the truck totaling it, and the deer ended up landing in his lap

hes in the hospital in westfield ny, and we really dont know what happened to him so far

all we know is hes got a broken wrist, needs stitches in his nose, his face and side are all cut up , and there sending him in for cat scans

The driver was fine and said my dad saw the deer comming but i guess it was to late

I just hope everything is alright

and to think i was supposed to go with him today.

thats crazy…hope your dad is alright

Westfield isnt that far and if u want I can give u directions to the H…I do work at the school next door.

awww hope he gets better.

westfield is a very nice hospital…10 mins away from me. they will take care of him :slight_smile:

thanks i already got the directions up on mapquest

90 towards PA…Westfield Exit…pay toll…make a left…go to traffic signal…make a left…bout a mile down on the left

or take rt. 20 the whole way there :wink:

awesome thanks

damned deer! I hit one yesterday too :frowning:

Minimal damage thank god! I really hope your dad is OK!!!

yup…no problem…little easier than mapquest trying to read street signs at nite. I am 99% sure its the first light…its the first “major” intersection u will come to in the small town.

i just find it mind blowing a deer running into the side of the truck and totaling a full sized truck…

must have been a good size buck with antlers running at full bore

keep him in your prayers please this got serious

they found bleeding on the brain

im scared…very scared

:eek: You should be on the road down there mang…good luck

i saw that same thing happen a few years ago. thing hit the truck so hard it spun it around

I know what it’s like. A deer ran into the side of my brand-new(at the time) cobalt on south-western. put his antlers through my passenger window. It most definetely sucks, and there is nothing you can do about it. I couldn’t avoid for my life. If i would have went straight, it prolly would have stayed due to my headlights. i swerved over 3 lanes to my left to try to avoid it. Didn’t work obviously

Hope everything goes good w/ ur father

there was a deer in front of me and i could not see it and i swerved to avoid and the damn thing jump in to my car. well damn deers!!!

I know this all too well, deer love my car. And it sucks.

jeff my prayers are with u and ur family. i dunno if ur out there yet if u want to ill drive u down there bro. lmk whats going on

good luck man. i really hope this works out ok.