Charity for Troy Elementary School

not really an event so I figured I’d put this here:

Hello all,

My name is Frank Zumaeta and some of you may have seen the firetruck outside the Pike house off of 15th street in Troy. I am a brother there and every year we have an event called “Pikes Presents” where we raise money to buy presents for the children of P.S. 2 in Troy on 10th street.

This year, our goal is to raise $5000 and we’re trying to incorporate business sponsors. Because most of you are local, I hope you can agree with our cause and help us give these children some presents this year because unfortunately, some of them may not receive any presents other than the ones we buy.

We are planning on getting shirts for the event and every $100 donation guarantees your business name on the shirt as well as a complimentary shirt for the donation.

$250 gets your business name and logo on the shirt as well as mentioning of the sponsor to the local media. You can google “Pikes Presents Troy NY” and watch some local news stories of what we do and we will name drop you to thank you for the donation.

Additional shirts can also be purchased for $15. 100% of everything we receive will go towards presents for the children.

Individual donations are also accepted and the same thing applies, your name will be on the shirt or said over media.

I am working on getting a donation link for those of you no longer in the area, something similar to how Polar Plunge or Relay for Life donations work so you can donate that way too.

If that doesn’t work, I’d be willing to travel to pick up donations and deliver shirts to you when they arrive as well as personally thank you for the donation. This event really means a lot to me and my Fraternity and it’s the biggest charity event we do.

If you’re interested or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to PM me or reply here, I’ll be checking this often. If this happens to be moved, sorry for the wrong putting it in the wrong section.

Ok here’s the bump with the paypal link, literally anything will help. I know threads can get at least 40+ views so even if you donate 50 cents, that’s enough for a present for one kid. Please consider helping out.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc…=3RXE2Z9AEF2GA

This year we’re also doing shirts that will say Pike’s Presents on them with a logo and on the back will be a list of donors. Every $100 donation gets the name of the donor (usually a business) on the back, and $250 get’s the name and logo. Both donations also get a free t-shirt.

If shift518.com collectively raises either amount, I’ll be sure to include you guys on the shirt and also name drop when we get the local media involved.

Again, please consider donating anything you can, I know it may be some rough times for us all but even a single dollar can go towards helping a child get at least one present this year. Thank you so much on behalf of my Fraternity and on behalf of the children on P.S. 2 in Troy, NY.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc…=3RXE2Z9AEF2GA

my family and friends raise money for the less fortunate too.

just did a fundraiser for troy kids.

next one is x mas event for the people.

some people dont get gifts or food on holidays and the little we give goes a long ways to people who dont have anything.

also people who profit from donations or non profit agencies makes me pissed. if your making $$$$ telling people your non profit etc thats messed up

You and your family are doing a great thing for the children of this town. I’m from a similar town in CT and it’s a shame that the kids who don’t choose to be born there, get stuck with this stereotype about how they’re supposed to act and what they’re supposed to do.

I’m glad other people care about this community and are willing to help.

That being said, we’re looking to go to WalMart to buy presents this weekend so please consider donating if you haven’t already! Every little bit counts. Shirts just got dropped to $10 so if you want one, please let me know.

We deliver the presents on Monday the 9th so I’ll be sure to post some pics and any news stories I find.

Last day bump! Thanks to any and all who have donated so far, here’s the link again for those who haven’t. We’re closing in on $3000!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=lb6l74aGs8PkjatkpxMrD_h8UgHHC1k3QnfMS9jcEuErOEWdgAA971B86Zq&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8def8934b92a630e40b7fef61ab7e9fe63

I’ll be sure to update with pics and news articles in the hopes that next years will be even better!

So we ended up raising a little over $5000! Me and a friend went to a local Toys R Us and spent just under $5000. The rest was spent on wrapping paper and anything left over will be given directly to the school.

It took 7 carts to fit all the toys we had and my car was filled to the top with Barbie dolls and lego sets, I couldn’t even see out of the back.

We’re going to the school in a couple hours to donate them and read them Christmas stories. Thanks again to anyone who donated, we really appreciate it!

Today was a great success! All the children loved their presents.

Here’s a link for the local news story.

Thanks to anyone that donated, you helped make some kids very happy today.