Philanthropy Event- Helping Burn Victims Fall 2013

So some of you may have seen my thread about the fire truck in my Fraternity’s front yard off of Hoosick Street. Our Fraternity happens to have close ties with firemen hence the fire truck being one of our recent symbols.

We are planning a fire truck pull this fall (some time in September, 9/14 or 9/15 as of now) that will be helping out the Burn Victims Foundation or whatever charity it is that donates to burn victims (I apologize for the ignorance as we’re still working out details). It will most likely be somewhere close to the RPI campus, perhaps one of the parking lots.

This is an example of what we want to do- http://pikefiremanschallenge.weebly.com/
Keep in mind that is not our chapter but just an example of what we expect.

We are looking for help in the form of sponsorship and promotion.

I’m asking anyone who works at or owns a local business to consider donating to our cause. Every little bit helps and depending on how much you donate, we will put your logo on the t-shirts that are being made and will help promote your business at the event.

If anyone works at or owns a food type business, we would appreciate some catering if you have the means. Again, we will put your logo on our shirts and promote your business at the event.

If anyone in the area wants to start a team, there will be an entrance fee of $10 per person and teams are looking to be around 10-11 people. That entrance fee includes the shirt you will receive for participating.

There will also be other events, food, and side games as well as a raffle so we’re hoping to attract some families.

We are hoping to gain a lot of interest for this because this will be the first time we have done this and we hope it will become an annual event.

Lastly, if anyone has any suggestions on how to effectively promote this event or any ideas for other sponsors or just event planning in general, it is much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance, I hope this thread gets some exposure for this event so we can help this great cause.

:beer