chassis certification help...

How and where do I go about it around here ??? I know norwalk can get it done for me. Also how much does it cost?? I will also need my nhra license I know I need to get 3 people with it to sign off and state my car is safe bla bla bla. I heard that cost near 500 ( ? ? ? ) any one know off hand on that one too??

Thanks guys

let me know when u find out…sounds like going 9’s sucks

Wait a second.Your talking about 2 different things.

Chassie certification:

IHRA: 9.00 or faster can be done at PRP. Check out their web site or call IHRA 419-663-6666 for details.
NHRA: 9.99 or faster. Call NHRA 215-343-2558 and ask for BoB Lang’s phone number. He should be your local guy and will certify your roll cage.

Compitition Drivers Licence:

IHRA: Go to their web site and download the form. Fill it out, take it to the track, show your form to the track Manager and you make 5 passes. Track manager signs off and you send all info including time slips to IHRA and your in.

NHRA: Go to their web site and download the form. Go to the Doctors and get the required physical. Fill out the form, take it to the track, show your form to the track Manager and you make 5 or 6 passes. You need to get 2 NHRA licensed drivers and the track manager to sign off. You send all info including time slips to NHRA and your in.

All passes must be 9.999 or faster. The passes do not need to be done all in 1 day.

If you ain’t running NHRA 9.99 or IHRA 9.00 you don’t need nothing certified.

If you ain’t running IHRA or NHRA 9.99 or faster you don’t need to make the required passes to get a compitition license.

Good luck

wow awesome info…someone should make a new post and the drag section with this info and make it a sticky

thanks Tom

Your welcome. I just did all this stuff last year. If you do you IHRA first then NHRA could only require 4 passes. Show your IHRA license to the track manager. or visa versa.

OH, I believe you need a compitition drivers license to run points.

Thanks Tom … but for my class if you also trap above 135 you need everything for 9.99 and faster. So its kinda dick haha. I am interested in the nhra side of this. And again GREAT INFO AND HELP :beer:

Plus next years (2007) goal is 9.80’s with some new found power :slight_smile:

Thanks again Tom

TOM Blair is a nhra tech chassie guy call him 724-539-8187

I should have said regional. He would have given you Toms number. Now I need to call Tom as my certification is 3 years old.

SlowCivic. Man your really flying. Yes 135 is the other end of the spectrum. I should have mentioned that.

Its my wrong wheel drive hahaha

But thanks for the help Tom and Pewter

Tom so the cert. is only good for 3 years ?? How much does it end up costing when said and done?? Thanks

75 to 150 (i think) depends on how far the house call is!if he does it NHRA ,it also passes IHRA!

I paid around $150 last time and that included travel time. I talked to Tom last night and mine will be recertified in the next few weeks. I’ll let you know what the cost is at that time.

Yes the chassie cert. is only 3 years.

Thanks for the phone number Brian :steelers:

:slight_smile: