Welder needed in Saratogo Co

Looking for a good welder in Clifton Park, Halfmoon or Mechanicville areas. I modified a waterbox for a 1200cc conversion and now need it welded back together. Aluminum, guessing it’s 1/4" thick.

PM me the details. I live in ballston spa and currently have one of my welders on a job site in the area.

^ This

I would offer my services, but you are a shit load closer to Adam (boxerSix) than to my shop. He taught me everything I know, I am sure he can weld it for ya no problem. :skid

Any of you sertified welder

:skid

certified hooked on phonics worked for me

none of us are pipe fitters or working on FDA governed goods. And I hired myself for my shop, so i dont need anything on my resume.

Welding certs are next to useless for automotive fields, from everything I understand. DMV doesnt require any sort of certification for me and my registered repair shop, I know that for a fact. But I could be wrong, feel free to correct me if I am.

NHRA require sertification on welding works

Certification

Thanks

I believe the welds must be certified by non-destructive testing, I do not believe the person doing the welding must be certified. A certified welder can still make bad welds! They want to make sure your vehicle is safe

Something like that im waiting on the NHRA rule book, ill get more details

WHAT FUCKING PLANET ARE YOU FROM
NHRA cages are certified by a licensed NHRA tech inspector, it doesn’t matter who made it. You are a fucking noob

I think you are reading the hand book wrong man.

I just did a search for the word “Certified” in the 2012 NHRA rulebook, and it says NOTHING about the welder, mechanic, etc being certified.

Cage construction is certified AFTER the construction for its integrity… not the welders resume. If that was the case, 99% of all the cars with any cage inside them at the track on a given weekend, would never have a NHRA cert affixed to it. Screen shot right out of the rule book I just took.

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4815&stc=1&d=1334779575

NHRA has about the loosest rule book I have had the pleasure of sifting through. And you will be waiting for nothing to show up. You need to spend the money for a NHRA membership, then you get a passcode to access the rule book in Adobe Flash online… paper copies are a thing of the past.

Don’t have to be a member to get the rulebook in paperback for $10

since when? I musta missed that somewhere

ahhh no shit. I am internet retarded then.

Atleast I can still weld! LOL’

http://store.nhra.com/products/nhra-2012-rulebook/

you suck at spelling

Shoot me a PM man. I can run a pretty mean bead with the soldering iron.