cheap internet / cable

it’s cool… it’s way more in depth than that, but thats’ my take… the inherent value of FIOS is that it’s a switched technology, coax is simply a shared line… the segmentation allows FIOS to be predictable and granular in it’s service… then again, there are issues with that, the limitations of the fiber is quoted ‘limitless’ but the technology behind the transporting and receiving is what is the limit… the point being that comcast uses coax hybrid fiber to make the distance and breaks it up in the neighborhood… the limit with coaxle could be the argument that if my neighbor is an ultimate hack3r like xlogic and he says up all night testing uploads and downloads the coaxle will eventually ‘steal’ my bandwidth to allow him more… the non switched portion of coaxle allows for increased traffic and overhead due to collisions and broken packets… the switched fios though, will limit the user at the port level so that they can’t utilize the ‘limitlessness’ of fiber (lol), fiber can only be spliced so far then it needs to be regenerated which causes overhead… older technologies require that traffic to be decoded and re-encoded when its regenerated which causes latency… the law of diminishing returns and oversubscription are inherent in this conversation, so whatever… it’s all junk and it all goes to the same place, the internet.