Cheap Tires/Wheels 2008: Version 1

Steve,

If you want the same size wheel as last time (16x7 +40) it will fit the front of your car fine with any size tire that will fit on a 7" wide wheel… (I wouldn’t recommend anything more than a 235 unless you’re running something with a soft sidewall… like your 555R) Personally I would recommend a 225.

however, it will be fairly sunken… if you care at all for aesthetics you might want to get some extended studs and a 30mm (or larger if you want to go really flush) spacer.

Anyhow, with current exchange here are some quotes for you…

when you say 555R, I’m assuming you mean the drag radial so that’s what i’ve quoted for you. However, if it were me I’d consider the NT555 (regular street tire) or NT555RII or NT01 (not great in wet, but an incredible tire). There’s not much benefit to having a drag radial on the front or a rwd car - they’ll be sticky yes, but the soft sidewall of a drag radial means you’ll have shitty turn-in/steering response amoung other things.

I haven’t checked, but the NT555RII doesn’t come in many sizes, we might not have much luck finding a good match for your

Konig Britelite
Black powder coat with machined face.
16X7 4-114.3 40BMF
Total Cost: CAD$150 per wheel

It doesn’t look like the 555R comes in 225 or 235… so here is a quote on the 245 just for reference… take a look at the nitto site for available sizes. ( http://www.nittotire.com/ )

Nitto NT 555R Drag Radial
Get the competitive advantage at the track and on the street
245/50R-16 96 B
UTQG: N/A
Total Cost: CAD$171 per tire