cheektowaga

it wasnt bad…but it was just a little small for what I was looking for with my brother, but for a single girl I thinks its a nice house…but we would have had 3 and for that its a lil small…have her go look at it.

dude…

i totally lived in that house…
well… not that exact house… but one of the other 1000 houses exactly like it.
rented it from the wifes aunt till we bought our place in tonawanda.

she did a walk-through last week, she thought it was ok but wasn’t “in love” with it. I think she’s gonna pass on it after reading all the comments in here and i told her she should really like the house instead of just be ok with it before she takes out a mortgage.

if u like the sounds of airplanes all day and night go for it … jet fuel and noise = look somewhere else

dawt.

and that particular neighborhood isn’t too bad yet, and will hold out for at least 5-7 years.

We looked over there, but decided against it becasue Cheektowaga is full of old people, bowlers, and my mom.

My mom lives ~2 blocks away from the 90, and runs parellel… you can’t hear anything in traffic. Nor air planes & their damned treadmills. Shes been there ~4 years.

Yeah you should listen to all the expert realestate folks on NYSpeed. They would never steer you wrong. LOL
As far as it being the wrong side of the airport- I wasnt reffering to the air traffic. I was comparing it to the anaology of wrong side of the tracks

I agree… which is why the wife & I didn’t buy there. meh.

You are wrong

You are wrong, except for the experts in realestate on NYSpeed. The consensus seems like if it isn’t in williamsville/amherst, it’s shit.

I lived on Cloverdale for 3 years and never had a problem with Thruway noise, Airplane noise, or vandalism. The wrong side of Cheektowaga is the other side of Harlem Road. I would steer clear of that area since it does border the city of Buffalo.

Typically the prices range from the 80’s to the 110’s in the area, depending on the street. I wouldn’t look there if she wants to “flip” the house unless she’s buying it for a big discount. I don’t really see these houses increasing in value drastically over the next few years, but that does depend on what the asking price is. It certainly won’t go down though. The only con I see is the taxes are unusually high.

The point is… it’s a quiet neighborhood with a bunch of older people, it’s a great starter home community and the prices are high enough to keep the “low rent” people out of the area. I wouldn’t write it off if it were me.

POINT OF THE MATTER: Don’t listen to anyone on here unless they lived there. Tell her to get a good realtor and see what they think. If she needs one, let me know I’ll put her in contact with mine.

take a ride a few blocks away, near those ghetto apartments.

You will change your mind.

Then look at what the taxes run there… You will run away.

Those ghetto apartments are more than a few blocks away and are separated from that community by the 33 running straight through it.

Go ride around that neighborhood and look for yourself.

Its not to bad its better than my nighborhood I live on the other side of the 33

Wow… 2 houses to the left and your at my uncles house.
I recall an old couple living at that house. Always were outside giving us dirty looks when we were in the driveway playing with our cars :slight_smile:

My parents live on the other side of Harlem behind the cemetary. Its not even that bad over there. The Cheektavegas po-po are always over there guarding the borders.

I went to Cleve Hill. They just rebuilt the school a couple years ago and I would say the education was fairly decent. Pretty much you got out what you put into it. If you slacked off, obviously you knew what to expect. If you tried and actually worked hard, you got a good education. That can be said about any public school though. They’re not gonna force feed you an education like a private school does.

Taxes again are a little high but tolerable. Plane noise isn’t an issue. They are going to rebuilding Harlem Rd this year so take that into account as far as traffic/delays go.

thanks for all the input guys, but she’s gonna pass on it.

thats good all in all no matter how long she plans on living there she should like it a lot to make a big investment like that…she will find something there are lots out there

wow, there are a lot of people with opinions that seem to know nothing about the neighborhood. if the only time you are in the 14225 is when you go to the mall, your opinion is pretty much worthless.

it would be like listening to FormulaLS1 give advice about hondas.

seriously