chevy astrovan - mid engined, big block, supercharged & running on pump gas

I am looking around on marine web-sites and am finding that a lot of what Tru-Blue said was correct.

Some internals are different because of corrosion charicteristics, and the cam is made for more low end torque.

The block (casting) and pistons are the same. So if you are completley going through the internals…it would make no difference what block you use. But If you were just swapping the whole motor without cracking it open…you get low end oriented motor.

never said the blocks were any different.

thanks jskrapper. :tup:

yeah, marine motors run on a single gear “transmission”. so its important that the motor can run at high rpms for long periods of time without failing. from what i read that comes in where the cams are different, as well as giving it low end torque which will most likely help dig the boat up and plane off faster. So more or less, if this things got marine cams, its gonna dig off the line hard as fuck?

YES!

sick

wheelie machine

indeed

The plate made me laugh for no real reason. That actually looks pretty sweet.

Waiting for mid engined Ford Aerostar. Aerostar > Astro.

lol @ the plate

+1

Except you would stop laughing in a hurry once it puts a couple buses on you on the highway. :lol:

I hope he dosent reach in the back to smack the kids and gets his hand sucked in the intake.

so prolly runs like 10s

Thats kinda cool! I had a 350 in a '85 Astro Van. 350 had headers, 260H Comp Cam, Edlebrock Perf. intake and a quuuAAAAAAAdrajet. I had a K&N filter on that carb. and since the engine kinda sat right between the driver and passenger, u could hear that Quadrdajet trying to suck the world in around it. It was a cool truck/van. When alot of people were doing the S10-SBC swaps I wanted to try something different.
Moved pretty good with a stock TH-350 one wheel peeler and 2.78 geared rear. I beat a few of the “IN” cars of that day ('90s) Camaros, 5.0’s
…as long as they were stock and we went from a roll…
I’d guess the “Tan Van” had prolly 180Whp/250Ft.lbs. TQ. and would of ran a 16-15ish.
This typin about the ol van makes me want to pick up another one and do a turbo 4.3 on it.

Side note…put that same engine in a '64 LeMans with a 3000stall, “built” TH-350 and 3.90 gears. Ran a best 8.9@78~mph…goes to show what the rest of the parts can do.