My motor options

well as most of you, im thinking of going the route of LS7. that set up would be a ls7 block, crank, different rods and pistons, ls7 heads and top end. then all the other things to nickel and dime me hahah. that would be around 7 grand total when done with it.

but idk if i want to sink that much into it. soo i have been thinking of going the route of a forged 347 with a new topend and lots of nitrous

Just do another LS1, get a set of heads and a cam and a good tune and call it a day.

X2 Sometimes you can do more with less

x3

even though the LS7 is a cool idea…its gonna be some $$$

yea sure go ahead and build my motor wombat!!!

depends on your budget 7 g a lot of money, thats why i havent decided what to do with my 94 yet

parts kicker

:kiss:

its something that i have been thinking about non stop the last few days, its going to be a tough decision! its something i want to make sure will be good for me

haha i was waiting, i was talkin to sam about other options…he even said do something that would be better for my budget. no matter what ill be coming to you for all the parts that i need

i’d do ls7 if you could swing it. fuck, if someone would give me a decent amount for my motor, i’ll whore myself out (or more than likely just sell stuff i have) to make up the difference for the ls7. i’d love that motor in my car. thats the setup, right there. but there are much better options as far as power/dollar value, i would assume.

B18C5 hands down.

What’s the story with that LSX block & heads that are coming out? Supposed to be able to bore it out pretty far and it can handle a good bit of boost.

500ci LS2

for the money i’m sure the Ls7 would cost more than a forged 347…

but what about buyin a 402 stroker short/long block?

either way, i’m sure the forged 347with 200 shot would be pimping. 600whp easy man. thats cooking.

or just cam it for now…push near 450whp with heads and cam…then boooost it with a blower or turbo for crazy power. forged 347’s are making easy 700whp with procharger

you’ll end up building both!!!

haha, if money grew on trees

well you are in the lanscaping business

:stick: im going to get right on that…speakin of trees…hows the house?

You are not building a LS7 for $7k, get over that idea. The LS7 block (basically C5R block) is not setup for wet-sump. You’ll spend at least $3k just getting your dry-sump setup.

Go L92 based. The block is made for wet-sump, they build as a 414 really easily with off-da-shelf parts, the heads flow ~330CFM totally stock with intake etc. I still don’t know if you can come in at $7k though. I don’t know what parts you already have and can throw at it etc.

But for $10k you can build a 550-600RWHP fully street-friendly L92.

-TJ