My motor options

I’d leave it for the high-boost drag cars. Fuck a Fe block in a Fbody you want to handle.

-TJ

I would not use dry sump, not worth it. who said i was getting a block for 3k, who said i was goign to use the titanium rods? i said, my build, which is not the full exact same build as a LS7 crate motor.

dry sump can be done for less,
L92 can be done for way less than 10k & have motre then 600hp!:smiley:

Anything can be done cheap, sure. 10k I’m talking all top-notch. The RWHP is all going to depend on cam, and that all depends on how he wants to use the car. 550RWHP would be a BABY cam (for a 414). I think just about all of us would go bigger and go 600+ but I was just sayin’ w/ L92 parts you’d have to try to make less than 550.

Yes, wet sump can be done for way less than dry on a LS7 block. BUT the C5R block was not intended to be used as a wet-sump setup. I never said he was payin’ $3k for the block, I was sayin’ the dry-sump setup would be at least that much (trust me… I’m lookin’ into goin dry on my Z-ho).

Anyway… the point is anything you could do w/ LS7 stuff you can do ~2-3K cheaper w/ L92 stuff. If he thinks he can build a LS7 for $7k (not sure who he’s jackin’ them from, but can I get one???) then he could do a L92 for $5k. Again, I know I can’t do it at those prices, but I guess he has the hookup.

L92
< 2k block
< 1k heads
~ 500 intake (LS7)
Figure in a rotating assembly, cam, upgrade the valve springs and probably headers (I don’t believe LS1 headers will work, plus he’ll want 1 7/8ths anyway) and I still say it’s over $7k, but under $10k. And it will flat out kick ass.

-TJ

ok, that 500 dollar intake for a ls7 is only 280 bucks from GM

tomorrow morning i wil post all things that i have researched, and priced out, and show you how u can build a LS7 for 7k. Yes ls1 headers will work, but u would want to go larger, i was gion to do 1 7/8 stepped into 2 inch primarys. prices on all ls7 blcoks are supposed to drop a little from 3k to an unknow price right now, but some are able to obtain blocks for 1500 bucks right now.

if u look hard enuff,u can find great deals on shit!

I wont be near 10k and i should be in that range with a tiny 408

if you do enough research and work yourself, youll find the effecient ways

but be extremely careful with the current LS7 blocks avaible. theres a reason they are so cheap compared to the “New and Improved” LS7 blocks. to use one you should have them magnaFluxed and the blocks throughly cleaned. to remove all the casting material and dirt out of the block. the dirt and casting material is wiping out some bearings on the LS7s

the dirt u speak of is in crate motors, not bear blocks

yes but also the casting material is still in the first series of LS7 blocks but as long as you get them cleaned you should be fine

If I where to build one, i would build a bullitproof bottem end …small stroke. something that can rev to 8000…get a decent set of heads and do a single turbo setup… with a pump gas tune and a race gas tune of over 900whp…
but thats me

theres parish with a 408 that made 1011 rwhp and 1090 rwtq on PUMP Gas!!! so might as well leave out the race fuel idea. also he didnt rev much either it was something like 6500

yep u can make big power on turbo LSx’s on pump gas. the hot rod pump gas drags had a twin turbo lsx motor in a FD rx7 making upwards of 1200hp. ran mid low 8’s at 160+

yep pump gas is where its at

sunoco 94 ftw!! within 1.5 miles of my house too! hehehe

I thought they did away with 94?

idk, mine still has it on one of its pumps…its got 87 89 91 94
price is on 94 too so i assume it works

i never got it cuz its a waste on my car. it runs fine on 89 which is what i get

I think getgo has 94? The one in the south hills off of 51 does.

pump gas is dumb!~

like really its stupid…
“on pump gas” is sooo dumb
“im trying to blow my shit up”
blagh

race gas is for the ppl that cant tune on 93.[unless pure race ride] reason why can ppl make great numbers on 93 and run great ET on 93 when others have to do the same on race fuel or not even come close to pump gas tunes