Chevy Beat to the US

reminds me of the Chevy WTCC concept

maybe this was the car i was talking about…

they look similar so i was probably confused

Word.

This tiny little car should get much better than 40MPG. Pathetic GM.

And the Smart only gets high 30’s. I had a 1988 Civic that got better mileage and could comfortably carry 4.

diesel is a dollar more a gallon? :gotme:

regular gas is 4.30 a gal in my town, and diesel is 4.90.

^ cost per mile in a diesel is much less in the same car, Do I really have to go over this again

Joe, you’re a smart kid take that Canisius MBA and crunch some numbers, the TDI Jetta gets over 10mpg more then the non TDI jetta and is only around $2k more.

If that shitty GM car had a diesel it would get over 70mpg like the smart car diesel, thats not a typo, the diesel smart car gets 71mpg, and the gas smart car gets 37 mpg. but diesel is 60 cents more so its probably better to buy the gasser

i was just comparing 50MPG in a diesel as being <= to 40MPG in a gas car, depending on the price difference at the moment. not getting into details of different models. But the difference has to be at least 20 MPG more with the diesel to make it cost-effective with the sticker-price premium for the average person that drives 12-15k a year. Not to mention the PITA of finding it at city gas stations.

personally, i still couldnt care less about gas mileage. If anything, I’ll be looking to add a second gas guzzler to my lineup to take advantage of the price free-fall happening because of the general public going nuts about $50 a week. I’ll take my $10k off up front and subsidize the difference for a very long time to come.

Honda fit?

I’m not saying you should buy a diesel, I am just saying that more cars should be offered in diesel.

The price differnce in a jetta diesel to non is about $2500, which is made up for in resale value alone. So a difference of 10-12mpg def makes it worth it to buy a TDI Jetta. When you have a 800 mile range you should have no problem finding a gas station with diesel.

Theres a diesel Jetta at autohaus. A mk4 obviously. It’s so tempting to buy a retardedly high mileage one on the cheap and drive it like theres no tomorrow. I drove one last week and man, they’re pretty fun for what they are.

Two door honda fit basically?

they had a loaded up mk5 tdi there as well a few months ago, had 80K miles on it and they wanted like 21k for it.
the new ones have some snot to them. (for a econ car)

Iono i kinda like the groove better.

either way it needs MOAR BOOST!

that gas mileage is pathetic for a car that small. WTF are these companies smoking. some company in china should buy the rights for the 1.0L metro/swift and produce zillions of them.

oh and btw, shut up the next hippie that says “but the metro doesnt meet the current safety standards and i am a puss who rides only in cars with 100 airbags.”

Brian

but the metro doesnt meet the current safety standards and i am a puss who rides only in cars with 100 airbags.

shut up joe you hippie! :wink:

Brian

Yeah fuck them small ass cars. I prefer to be driving in something that weighs 3500+. At least I know I’ll walk away from an accedent. That damn thing would blow up like a firecracker.

I gaurantee the smart cars 4 out 5 star crash test rating is far superior to the bird or truck. The smart cars is a really safe car just really fucking ugly.

:wstupid:

i like the new fiesta more. i won’t drive either, but i don’t drive in congested city traffic all day either.