Chevy Volt pricing

Cough:how are those property taxes:cough :stuck_out_tongue:

That was low.

:rx3:

hahaha.

Thanks to government regulation.

please explain.

I would buy one for the simple fact that when I buy a car, I tend to keep it until it dies completely. I don’t have the infatuation of buying a car, getting sick of it then trading it in/selling it, buying another, rinse, repeat. If I EVER purchase a brand new car you better believe that I will have it until it is no longer worth repairing.

For the type of driving I do as well I would certainly purchase this car, I drive on average 40k a year. I travel alot. That is not the selling point, only a nice bonus point.

That is what got america into trouble to begin with. Every 3 years get another car…Jesus. How about buy one. It does the job, great, move on to improving other areas of your life.

If you want a fun race car for a toy then buy one, however, and I quote from The Book of Hybrid chapter 69 verse 666, “As Don stood on the mount and spoke to the autophiles he said “thou shalt not mod the daily driver””.

Praise be to Don.

amen, O sacred keeper.

now shaddup and make me a salami sangwich,

i think that the computer analogy is best in this case, except that there is an alternative: hydrogen fuel cell powered cars.

I would buy the Honda FCX before the GM volt, out of principle. When I said I wanted to keep a car for as long as possible I want it to be longer than 5 years :stuck_out_tongue:

WRONG! I shouldn’t even have to explain this by now.

I think everyone needs to realize that this is the FIRST production electric car. Electric cars will replace gas motor ones within the next 30 years, this is just the start.

I don’t understand why you guys can’t see the fact that gas will become too expensive for the average driver in 10 years. We need alternative sources of energy for cars, when more companies start pumping money into electric cars you will see cars that can do everything a gas motor can do.

Again this is only the first major production electric car, don’t hate on it yet. Chances are you will be driving somthing similiar when your 60.

I still love the idea of the Volt and the technology. I’m glad GM was able to build it and hope that it does become a stepping stone for them or some other company to build something better and cheaper.

However, at 30k + 7k in tax incentives it was a car that the general population who drive 12k a year could justify owning financially. Getting a large percentage of this group into a Volt could make a huge difference in our oil consumption.

At 40k + 7k in tax incentives it’s a car that rich eco nuts and people who drive too much can afford to justify financially. The former don’t number enough to make a difference and the latter are already using more gas than most of the population.

The thing is, don’t commercial vehicles account for like 80% of fuel comsumption?
So if a small percentage of the small percentage users save gas what is the overall savings anyway?

Not likely. Look at the link I posted for Nick. Gasoline accounts for way more of our oil consumption than diesel and the majority of commericial vehicles are diesel.

Simple numbers really. There are so many more cars than commericial vehicles.

The concept was smaller than the prius, but supposidly the production model will be a little bigger.

They need to make sure it has a “cadillac like” interior so you feel like your buying a 30-40k car. Not a 20k car with an E-REV.

Also Toyota will have a plug in option for the Prius in 2011 (a year after gen3 is available) with a large surcharge.

And for people who don’t think it is going to be 40k, other GM execs have said it is going to be 44k and Bob is claiming they can sell it for 40k and lose money, so I doubt it will anywhere south of 37k

But if you look at things like the 219 expansion in Springville they must be using more fuel than every car on 219!
There is sooo much diesel used “off road” because the equipment just sucks it in by the gallon.
I would love to see how much they use per day just in the Springville extension of 219 expressway.
I was just in Tucson and they are doing a gigantic project on route 10 AROUND THE CLOCK.
Don’t forget when most people are sleeping, diesel fuel is being consumed by trucks all night.

Let me make this simple for you.

Please reply with which number is bigger.

Taking you a while.

Here’s a hint. 9290 is bigger, and it’s also the number of barrels we use a day for making gasoline.

4220 is the number of barrels we use a day making all forms of diesel.

Diesel carries double the amount of energy than gasoline. In a sense, it’s about equal :slight_smile:

What does that have to do with the number of barrels of oil used per day, or the fact that far more go to gasoline?

I could see if more barrels went to diesel you could argue that you’re getting more energy from each barrel, but it’s the opposite, and the whole reason something like the Volt is a great idea.