Chillin' Down Under

I’m in Brisbane this week at a conference… Check out what it took to get here:

Last Saturday 2/13:

6 AM, leave CP…
9 AM, park the car at JFK (still mad snow around and a pink SRX whuuuut!?)

My home for the next 14 hrs (what’s with the mean mugging and player hate from behind my seat tho!?)

12:40 PM, take off and head to Incheon Airport

7000 miles, 30,000 gallons of fuel later… (Carbon footprint my a$$)

It’s Sunday 4:35 PM and we touch down in Korea

Korean Air FTW… Bwahahahahha

7:50 PM, leave Korea

Settle in for the 9+ hr flight…

Now it’s 6:45 AM on Monday morning local time… and finally I see:

It takes an hour to get to the hotel… View from outside my room:

Well worth the 35 hours door to door…

Too bad I’m only here for like 96 hours…

Car sightings in AU, see:

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showpost.php?p=549444&postcount=13301

I LOVE all your “documentaries” whether it be with your e36, your travels, whatever. Keep 'em comin, Archie!

I’m going to :rofl if it suddenly snows in Brisbane.

:rofl @ FTW, I see what you did there :shifty

Living the dream man, really are :number1

so what exactly happens if you get an excessively large speeding ticket in a country you know you won’t ever be in again and you don’t pay the fine?

unless u get arrested i doubt its an issue ? LOL

dude awesome ! i shoulda done one of these when coming / going to india… that shit fuckin sucked…

Nice man, looks gorgeous there!!!

even if it’s only for 96 hours, beats the hell outta the weather here. haha

Will do man… Will be on diaper and feeding lockdown in March but should have at least two more international trips coming up before summer begins…

Yeah I would :rofl too… It’s summer here remember?! Heheh.

But on the serious tip, I was talking with some the guys in our local office here and it can get up to 45 deg C (that is 113 F (!!!)), usually stays around 95-100 ish though.

I’ve thought about this many times but I end up coming back so I don’t wanna find out… Wimpy I know.

Yeah, it was nice down here… I’m definitely staying connected with our local office here in the hopes of being assigned here one day hehehe

True man, I’m not complainin’!

Have you seen a kangaroo yet?

So why is china’s richest man still behind bars?

WAY TO LEAVE A CLIFFHANGER!! :vlad

I was in Brisbane last may, I loved it there! Very cool. Are you traveling anywhere else while you’re there?

Didn’t see any, sorry… Heard they cross the highway from time to time and are pretty dumb when they do. So they are similar to deer I guess…

To sum up the article in a sentence, he is basically getting too powerful and is a threat to the government so he’s still there because of trumped up charges and the slow legal process (that the government is of course in no rush to expedite).

There, can you sleep better now? I doubt anyone cared anyways. Haha.

Unfortunately, I only had Monday to go anywhere, so I hit up Surfer’s Paradise, which was about an hour south of Brisbane and 20 min from our hotel… It’s kind of like a scaled down South Beach, with restaurants, shops, and of course the beach.

Interesting zoning though- It was interesting to see a legit Ferragamo and Louis V store across the street from a Vietnamese noodle shop…

Back in CP now… But I’ll definitely go again someday with my family…

You get my JDM parts?

Not this time… Sorry kid…

Try Benny though, he just opened up shop there so he’s doin’ a li’l sumthin’ sumthin’:

Lots of “parts” here…