Chop my windscreen??? Update: Chopped

I had puigs on my 636 and 10r between this and ryans f.fabri, quality was unbeatable. My gsxr came with a zero gravity, fitment was ok. My old zx-6r had a lockhart philips on it, and it fit ok too.

lol :cool:

Thanks guys for the input

Eh. I have always like to tuck behind something at high speeds so I never screwed with my windscreens. I dont like the double bubble personally, because when you look at the bike from the side the thing just sticks out too high for my taste. If you decide to cut the windscreen mask it, mark it, than cut it. Id use a fine toothed saw such as a hack saw or something with fine teeth like that. If you use a dremel tool make sure you dont crank the speed up tpp high or the plastic of the windscreen will start melting, and yoyu will end up tearing small chunks out of it. Whatever your method is, when you are done you dont have to put any of the edge moulding on it. IMO that looks ghetto as fuck. Just take a fine file or fine sandpaper and work the edges smooth. Than remount the screen, step back , and bask in the goodness you have created.

i like that method, if i get a clean enough cut i’ll just sand it down.

I am going to try and cut it first, no reason not too…

because it looks like shit, just go buy one. theyre made that high for a reason.

wat?

Update: CHOPPED

came out very clean, and it makes all the difference in the world. I’m not sure i’m even going to buy a new windscreen at this point. You really cannot even tell unless your looking for it!

turned out pretty nice :tup:

Wow that looks really nice. Good job man.

thanks fellas

Clean job, looks good, Im just more of a fuction > form kinda guy… but jakes right, they make them higher for a reason.

I did it for function over form…Like i said, I am a taller guy and now I can view my gauges with much greater ease. I’ll just ride it out this way until the end of the season and I have a few plans for the bike over the winter including a puig. Went for a short ride today after the weather cleared up and everything was :tup::tup:

EDIT: when you say they make them higher for a reason are you refering to the double bubble?

they dont typically make windscreens LOWER because the idea behind a windscreen is to keep the bike more aerodynamic and to keep the air off of your body when at speed. The double bubbles do a great job of that. If you want a stiff neck, ride avatars bike for more than 20 minutes at 90 mph. eeek.

I hear ya

I actually only took about 2 inches off the original windscreen. So in all actuality it only sits about an inch lower if not less…still being taller, the windscreen didnt do much for me anyways while riding at higher speeds, unless I spend the whole time in a full tuck.

word. good times.