Replacing windshield

Wow… never thought I would post in here…

Anyway, my 87 sentra coupe is in need of a new windsheild. There may be one at picknpull.

So…
a) How the F do I get it out of the car at the wrecker?
b) How the F do I install it?

It looks like the current window just has cheap silicone around it, can it just be placed in then siliconed to hell? I just dont want it to fall out!

I would find a car (or a few) at the wreckers with a broken windshield to practice on before trying to remove the good windshield. I would just pull off the trim and carve out the silicone stuff, it might work, it might not.

For installation, ask around at some glass shops. See if you can buy some of their silicone or whatever they use, you know it’s going to be good stuff.

That’s my assumption anyways :stuck_out_tongue: Hope it helps

i would just sepnd the $200 and get it installed professionally. Way to much work to take your old one out, take the new one out an reinstall.

Spend $200 to fix a windsheild on a $300 car? No thanks!

well dave sell me the car and let me worry about it then! haha, when i worked at kentwood the way the guy would take them out is by using a reciprocating saw with a blade on the end and cut it out from inside the vehicle.

Considering that your windsheild is a major structure that reinforces the roof, I would have it professionally installed. Like brakes, it’s pretty goddamn important.

Damn you guys and your logic!

Damn you and your cheapness. Ill buy it off you for $50 more than you paid. :smiley:

just use super glue to install it

What you do to UNinstall it is. If you don’t take a wire with you, rip the hood release cable and stick it thru the side of the windshield and have another person on the other side and pull the cable back and forth to cut around the windshield.

as for INstalling it… Some guy that worked in a glass place put it in for a case of beer.

Jay,you did that? You should hook me up with the installer.:slight_smile: