Chris Lee resigns *now with more Weiner*

Yeah I know this belongs in politisuck but nobody fucking goes there OK? It’s a failure. Move on.

Anyway, the twitterverse is going nuts. Apparently Chris Lee (the republican congressman from amherst, one of the most pro-manufacturing congressmen in the house) sent racy pictures to some broad on Craigslist and the story barely broke by the time he was resigning. Fuckin A.

yea he resigned 2 minutes ago lol

i was looking for this on politisuck but someone buried it in nyspeed OT for some reason.

lol touche salesman

Good call fry :tup:

How dumb do you have to be to think you’re going to get away with that when you’re a prominent politician?

It’s too bad for WNY because Lee was a rising star and was going to have the power to actually help this area. Fucking idiot.

Edit: In b4 some asshole moves this to politisuck where it will never be seen again. :slight_smile:

I don’t want people who are lacking that common sense running anything that has power over me. Will not be missed.

agree 100%

This. I feel like he’s my kid and I’m all “I’m not mad at you, I’m disappointed in you.”

Fucking A. Remember when congressmen could blow coke with hookers but didn’t resign because they were busy funneling guns to Afghanis through egypt to kick Soviet ass? Now this guy’s legislation to reduce the number of hard copies of bills printed will die on the house floor because he sent a picture of himself flexing in the mirror to someone who doesn’t matter. Fucking nanny nation. Is it time to thaw out the Duke yet?

man, i remember back in the 80’s and early 90’s when people still had thick skin. every movie that came out had random boob shots and racism along with violence. The good ole days. Now everything is so serious and every little thing is disected. however chris lee knew the times we live in and he should have known better.

They could never remake blazing saddles today.

So he emailed her with his real gmail account, which showed his full name, and said he was a 39 year old divorced lobbyist.

There isn’t a :picard: big enough to express what a picard moment that is. You’re a US Congressman who’s face and life story is plastered all over the internet. You didn’t think she might catch your lies when she googled you?

Oh well, at least he wasn’t groping dudes like Massa. 1242

I didn’t vote for the guy but I didn’t have much of a problem with him. This actually made me like him a bit. This doesn’t surprise me, I’ve seen him macking it to cougars at Pietro’s on more than one occasion. Hopefully with no incumbent and redistricting upon us my district will move toward more of a swing seat instead of just overwhelming Republican.

EDIT: It was a black website that broke the story…apparently the chick was described as a “Leggy Glamazon”, whatever the fuck that is. Interracial affairs…no wonder Boehner wanted him out :lol:

FYI, he got fired from here at ingram micro for logging into our system with a credit dept managers password and changing the credit limits on his customers accounts to some high $$$ and shipping tons of stuff on their account so he could get paid…

dumbass did it from HIS computer here, so after they figured it out, they just looked at where the login was done from, and BLAMO

http://www.swingstateproject.com/diary/3792/

I just knew it was too good to be true that a Republican sex scandal was the good old fashioned horny married man looks for young attractive lady.

well l guess it was too good to be true.

Chris Lee’s resignation from the House on Feb. 9 may be the quickest political downfall in history: It came just three hours after Gawker published a photo of Lee standing in the mirror shirtless, along with a story about how the married congressman dabbled in a little online dating on Craigslist. Lee’s sudden exit took many people by surprise. Hadn’t other members of Congress admitted to worse than an unconsummated, PG-13 flirtation and managed to stay in office? It turns out Lee may have had good reason to step out of the spotlight so quickly: It wasn’t just women that the Craigslist Congressman was hunting for on the Internet.
In the past two weeks, two D.C.-area transgender women contacted us, each with a separate story about exchanging emails with the ex-congressman. One sent us an ad that Lee allegedly posted on Craigslist in search of trans women; the other sent us a never-before-seen photo that she says Lee sent her after they started chatting by email. Taken together, they present a possible explanation to those who have wondered why such a tame “sex scandal” forced Lee’s hand so quickly.

I’ll let you follow the link for the in-depth story.

:bigblap:
Good old Republicans. Always vindicating the sanctity of marriage :bigtup:

Wow, fucking ridiculous.

:rofl:

Bump… another fail from a NY congressman: http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/2011/06/06/deja-vu-another-congressman-bares-naked-torso-and-more-for-online-pal/#more-279716

He’s not going to resign though. And after a week of lying to the media about it being him, he’s now admitted it and is crying at the podium right now if you’re near a TV.

Yay NYS!